Sunday, June 15, 2014

Golfing? What?

Old dog, new tricks.

Yes, for all my followers out there, I did it. I golfed a round yesterday for the first time ever in my life.

Fortunately for all it was a Texas Scramble format which means that a rookie (that would be me) is put with three other real golfers). Everyone tees off (and in my case sometimes that would only be a few feet) and then we all move our balls to the best drive. We keep doing that until someone, finally, sinks the ball.

It was good fun, the weather was perfect. I actually made one putt for the team, and a few of my drives were fairly respectable. Plus I got to ride around in a golf cart with a very good friend, and at one point we were so busy talking we forgot to pick up our balls and got to the next place to hit from and realized neither of us had a ball! Too funny.

The marmots were lolly-gagging around some of the holes (and I didn't hit any of them).

Our team seemed to take 5 strokes for every hole, and we ended up 14 over par (and the worse team in the tournament). However, being last garnered me a starbuck's gift card so that is a good thing.

Five hours on the course flew by. Thanks to my Tilly hat and suncream I did not get sun-burned, but was a little dehydrated by the end of the course.

Then on to a fabulous barbeque and silent auction, raffle and 50/50 draw. All to honour my friend's son who died a little over three years ago. All money raised goes to Canuck Place. The Canucks donated a signed hockey stick for the raffle and Luongo and Burrows donated a huge gift basket. (I didn't win either, but not for lack of trying).

So it was a great day. My feet didn't hurt (although my back is a bit twitchy this morning).

So on to the next adventure.

Oh, and Tiger? You have nothing to worry about!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had fun, were able to help out a friend, and wore your sunscreen. What next?

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.