Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Work in Progress Wednesday

This week has been a work in progress - as all weeks are.

I am working on:

1) swimming three times a week (the easiest work of the week).

2) moving through anxiety when I have social engagements (six this past week - and I enjoyed them all!)

3) Being a thermostat rather than a thermometer. (Making good progress this week)

4) Saying yes more often than saying no to doing something out of my routine.

5) Stopping when something I am doing is causing me stress. (Yes, even that stupid math problem I was working on).

6) Reaching out more - physically and metaphorically.

And of course I have three projects on the needles which I already blogged about a couple of weeks back - not too much forward motion on these cause a couple of pairs of socks got in the way.



Every day I do the dishes, sweep the floor, and make the bed. That routine keeps me grounded and moving forward with my day.

Always moving forward.

Do you have any works in progress?

14 comments:

  1. I'm knitting squares for a baby blanket for my next great-niece/nephew who is due on Saturday. No...I'm not going to show it to you coz it lis so amateurish, but it's made with love. I'm also helping a lovely older gent write, edit and find a publisher for the incredible Story of how he restored a WW2 plane with a team of volunteers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My iPad is being obstreperous today and it won't let me edit out errors... Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have lots of WIPs but like you I focus on routines first and get to things as and when I can. I also try and focus on what I have done each day rather than what still needs doing 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good strategy. That is why I like Done lists rather than To-Do lists!

      Delete
  4. A nice list. I always have works in process. There are the ones at work which I try to leave behind when I am not on the clock. Then there are duties at home which I choose not to enumerate. Then there are the "hobby" type things. I have finished stitching that waits to be framed or otherwise assembled to its final state. And a brand new autumn sampler to cross stitch that I just started. There's also the book I am reading which I have not touched for a week. Always something but I would not have it any other way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your latest finished stitching - so lovely. Since I wrote this I started to more projects - lol.

      Delete
  5. I love #'s 3 and 4 on your list. Yes! set you own moods, don't let someone or something else make that decision for you. Being somewhat spontaneous is good. Open your mind and make yourself available to unexpected things. I am always changing my mind and routines at the last minute. It sometimes drives everyone around me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am learning (about the spontaneity thing, I am already good at driving people crazy!)

      Delete
  6. I am trying to knit a shawl for my great niece-nephew who is not due until February (2 days before my 50th birthday) It is taking me ages to do, though!
    Sounds like you are progressing well,though. I'm hoping that your great nephew has now arrived and Wendy's great nephew or niece has too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Similar to many comments above - a combination of basic daily routine jobs and not worrying if the to-to list is not completed as long as the basics are done and I survived the day to tell the tale, I am satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is good to look back on the day and feel satisfied.

      Delete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.