Sunday, April 16, 2017

Yop Update 42 - EZ! Not!



This week has been all about the Elizabeth Zimmerman sweater. I know it is going to be fantastic when it is finished, but it is also a good example of me having to 'trust the pattern', because it is hard to imagine it is going to work.

However, having faith I continue on.



This has become a memory sweater because it is made up of stash wool I have from sweaters knit for my brother, my son, and myself.

How Elizabeth Zimmerman imagined this garment is mind boggling. It really is a trick of origami and faith. And as I head back towards the 333 stitches I only get a few rows completed in an evening. Once I get to the magic number of stitches I have to keep going to add more length and then after finishing the neckline I will pick-up the stitches to finish the sleeves. I think I will I-cord the edges at the end if I have enough wool. It is going to be a very cozy sweater and will have used up a lot of stash.


I also started another hemp zodiac double-knit potholder for the husband of the birthday girl from last week. But I only have four rows so it is not picture worthy. It will have the chinese character for Rat on it, and I will have a picture to show you of my progress next week.


Happy Easter everyone...

Chocolate time!

17 comments:

  1. That's an interesting construction. I haven't seen that before. The array of colors is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really watch her podcast but I follow her on IGj and am part of her Ravelry group. There are knitters I'd rather follow on IG than their blogs &/or podcasts.

      Delete
  2. Do you have to crawl into that licorice allsort sweater??

    How's the spinning going after all that fleece washing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spinning will start this week I love your naming it a licorice allsort sweater. Perfect.

      Delete
  3. Happy Easter, Mary-Anne. Can't wait to see how the jumper turns out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that looks wonderful. I love the stripes, and it does look like an interesting construction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So interesting. I will show the before the after pictures when it is done to show everyone how very odd (and clever) the construction is.

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful sweater - made with beautiful scraps from other sweaters you've made. I look forward to seeing it when it's finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 333 stictches! Must take ages just checking you haven't dropped one from time to time lol. Definitely looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , each row takes a long time, that is for sure!

      Delete
  7. A memory sweater. What a lovely idea. I have seen many SBJ done but never an adult one. I am watching with excitement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I just have to follow the instructions. I can't believe it will all work out.

      Delete
  8. Hi Mary-Anne,

    A memory jumper is a delightful idea!

    I do believe the name Elizabeth Zimmerman is a name worth trusting. I would need the same approach as you - faith in the pattern - because I sometimes have trouble connecting the instructions or construction method with the finished item in my mind. I am more hands-on than theoretical.

    I am sorry to have been away for ages. It has been a busy time and the plan was to catch up on everyone in blogland during the Easter long weekend but I keep 'losing days' lately.

    I look forward to reading through your posts over the coming week or two and hope that you don't mind belated comments!

    You seem to be as productive as ever with your knitting needles. My fingers are crossed for you that your jumper will work out perfectly and you won't need to do any gymnastics to get into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your comments, belated or not! The sweater (jumper) is coming along and making more sense as I go. I don't think gymnastics will be necessary. Hope you are feeling better and better as the days go by.

      Delete
  9. there are worst people to trust than EZ :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.