Monday, September 25, 2017

Yopping Numero Treize - a little knitting, a lot of camping


I did start another Iona square and it is almost finished but this past week was all about camping. 

Here are a few pictures of our adventures and I will be home on Wednesday so more knitting should ensue.  I am worried about my cabling needle getting on the airplane, but I will surrender it if need be. 


Here are the falls just down the trail from our campsite.


 And my son finishing his 45 km bike ride (we were his support team).


Here we are at Fish Lake - soooooo crowded!


And yes, there was snow on the ground and got down to -6 the first night so I loved this little resilient plant.

Here we are camped by the Big Horn River.

And here is a picture of one of the little red squirrels that kept us amused.


And the grey jays that kept hoping we would leave the picnic table unattended.



Before I forget - here is my the test knit by Ruth aka Celtic-Knits aka Knitterarium.  It is such a fantastic pattern.  It turned out so big and lush and I KNOW I will wear it everywhere!

So that is my week - I now have two weeks of reading to do of the other Yoppers but I promise I will get there by the end of the week. 

9 comments:

  1. Oooh, Mary-Anne... Your camping pictures are wonderful. I especially like the photo of the falls! And the shawl is beautiful! I love the different textures in it. Another pretty design by Ruth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning scenery, animated wildlife, family and a divine lush shawl.. I'd call that an A-grade week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shawl is beautiful. I was glad to see you camp in a camper not a tent when you mentioned the temperature and snow! Brrr I'm a fair weather camper lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your camping trip looks amazing and the shawl is beautiful, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos. Looks like the perfect camping trip! We've had a ton of blue jays around lately. Maybe they're getting ready for the change of season?

    The shawl is ,gorgeous. Ruth sure has some lovely designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary-Anne!! Beautiful photos, I love those falls and the squirrel is so cute! Eeek snow! :) Sounds like you had a lot of fun and omgosh, good on your son for his bike ride!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh, snow! That's amazing that it snowed. :) And the falls are absolutely beautiful.

    Also, that shawl looks wonderfully cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you managed to get away and found so many lovely sights. How satisfying when a project turns out as good or better than expected. I am celebrating for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. beautiful photos and when it comes to cable needles on flights, one word: wood.

    Wooden or bamboo immplements don't seem to upset people as much as metal ones. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.