Thursday, November 30, 2017

As long as we both shall live

Day 30 - finished Nanawrimo, and Nablopomo.  I missed two days of posting, but that is ok.  Sometimes life happens and other things have to be shelved until equilibrium is regained.  
My novel is edited.  I have added 3607 words.  I am ready to put it out into the world for beta-readers.  

I will keep you posted.  

November 30 - Day one

And then she recited the poem by Walt Whitman they had spoken at their wedding so many years ago.  By the second verse his voice had joined hers.

Listen! I will be honest with you,
I do not offer the old smooth prizes, but offer rough new prizes,
These are the days that must happen to you:
You shall not heap up what is call’d riches,
You shall scatter with lavish hand all that you earn or achieve,
***
 Come, I give you my hand!
I give you my love more precious than money,
I give you myself before preaching or law;
Will you give me yourself? will you come travel with me?
Shall we stick by each other as long as we live?

“Shall we?”,  she asked, stroking his hand.

“We shall,” he answered taking her hand to his lips.

And then, being the phlegmatic soul that he was, he offered to make her a big breakfast  of bacon and eggs on toast.  

It tasted wonderful.  

2 comments:

  1. You did great. I am so happy you got your book edited. Fingers crossed for good report crom the beta readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. A wonderful achievement.
    And may that bunch of cold fish that calls itself a writing support group flounder in your wake!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.