Sunday, November 19, 2017

Yopping update - 21


Dobar dan!  (This means good day in Croatian).

I have had three lessons so far and have used it a bit when skyping with my daughter.  Not an easy language but I have a few words I am comfortable with now.

This week has been all about my two wips - both shawls.

I have spent most of the week on my Dying of the Light.  If you knew the week I have had it seems most appropriate.







And I took my On the Spice Market to knit group on Thursday because I was in the middle of german short rows with Dying of the Light, and I knew that wouldn't end well in a room full of chatter and laughter.





I have been editing my novel at least one chapter a day and at this point I only have eight chapters left to go.  Then I will be sending it out to beta readers. 

I did scour the city for my favourite knitting magazine - Simply Knitting, out of the UK, and third store lucky I now have a sweater I want to add to my queue, and of course another Alan Dart masterpiece.

I was given 300 gms of sportweight yarn on Thursday.  One of the knit group regulars is moving and she brought presents for all of us from her stash.  I am thinking a sweater, or a shawl.  There are 100 grms each of three different shades of blue.  Decisions decisions.

Also last week my friend (Croatian teacher) gave me two lots of sweater quantity yarn - one in shades of green, and another a rainbow boucle.  She too was cleaning out her stash cupboard.

I love getting surprise yarn.

The Healthy Knitter is starting her Project Peace KAL on December 1st and I think I have just the yarn for that - left over from my Iona blanket.  I did this last year with a number of friends and then we all got together on the solstice, December 21, to finish our project and to eat and be in peaceful company.  I even wrote a parody on Twas the Night before Christmas to honour last year's event.

You have probably noticed still no photo of my test socks, but I have heard the pattern is being released on the 24th of November so stay tuned.  They will be revealed next week!

Have a great week everyone.  To follow other intrepid yoppers head here.

zbogom!  (Croatian for goodbye)

12 comments:

  1. Both of your shawls are lovely and I think you did the right thing taking the spice market to knit group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know I did. Three people there had to stop knitting because they made mistakes - it was a wild group last Thursday!

      Delete
  2. Dobar dan Mary-Anne! In Australia we just say G'day! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of your shawls, Mary-Anne. What a wonderful gift your knit-group buddy gave to you all. I look forward to seeing what you make with your three shades of new-to-you blue. Happy knitting! zbogom! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think there is a test knit coming up that one of the gifts will be perfect for. stay tuned.

      Delete
  4. Free yarn! What lovely gifts you received this week. Your shawls are so pretty. I am impressed with you learning a new language. How much fun that is. Hope you have an amazing week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard. I have been brushing up my french since I retired, but Croatian is much harder than french!

      Delete
  5. What lovely shawls! I certainly understand about having a mindless knit when socializing...I can't even watch t.v. for most of my projects.
    Free yarn...lucky you!!!
    Thank you SO much for informing us of the Peace Project this year! I loved it last year although I was late to the party but this year hopefully I can partake fully!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hot dogs! You've written a novel. How fascinating. Will you self publish? I won't reach 50K stitches and I actually had to frog and start over; I pretty much caught up to where I frogged from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to try to get it published first. If that doesn't work I will self-publish. Doesn't 50000 stitches still count if you frog them. You still knit them, right?

      Delete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.