Thursday, February 22, 2018

Arggg

Really?   Really.

Day seven into our trip and the f***ing mil light came on (Malfunction indicator light).  No message on the console, just the light, but we know from too many other times that this can be an expensive and time consuming fix.  The last two times this happened the truck was under warranty, but now we are on our own.  Truck is at the dealer since yesterday morning and no word yet.  Hopefully we will here something before the end of today.

ARG!!!

On the plus side we have the camper off the truck and in a nice rv park just outside of San Francisco.  We are on the ocean and although it is breezy it is sunny and they have all the amenities including an outdoor pool and ho tub.  So there is that.

We have rental car so getting around to see stuff is a bit easier than it would have been with our truck - glass half full part two.

But, geez, this truck has not been reliable on long trips - and we are only into week two of our eight week journey.  So ya.  Really??

I woke up this morning very teary.  I have been brave since Sunday - and despite the light we did make it to our reservation in San Francisco.  We have crossed the Golden Gate twice and the Bay Bridge once, and we did drive around Chinatown yesterday (in rush hour!).

But this morning it just seems all too much.  I just wanted to go home (which obviously I can't because see above about truck.)

So I put on my big girl panties and got dressed, did the dishes and swept out the camper.  The sun is out so we are going to head to the pier to watch the fisherfolk and have a latte.  Then we have to find an rv place because somehow we have lost our sewer hose.  Ewww.  I know, too much information.

I know it will be all right in the end.  If it isn't all right it isn't the end.

I also know that I have very close friends and family dealing with much worse things than a check engine light.

"So suck it up buttercup" I say to myself  - and time to get on with my day.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Mary-Anne.....I'm so sorry to hear of your issues. I did chuckle about the buttercup saying......that's my favorite one to use.

    San Francisco is my all time favorite city to visit. I am jealous.

    Safe travel prayers for the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the hassle with the truck definitely sucks but sounds like you found a good place to be stuck and you seem to be coping. I hope the truck gets fixed quickly and not too expensively and you can get on with enjoying your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Buttercup, San Francisco is a fun city to be stuck in!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are lucky to have a dealership relatively handy to where you are staying. Shame about the truck malfunction though (how frustrating and annoying) - you'll just have to see a bit more of SF with your extra time there while you wait. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.