Sunday, October 30, 2016

Yopping Update - Week 18



This week it was all about the sweater and I am almost finished the back. I am happy that I will definitely have enough yarn as I am not quite finished the fourth ball and I had nine to start. This sweater is knit side to side - I am almost ready to put in the second armhole.


I came home from my sister's with the yarn I needed to finish my sock yarn blanket.



I got two and a half squares done last night while catching up on the Survivor and Blacklist episodes that I missed while I was away. Fifteen more squares and it is done!

I finished my sampler shawl - I am leaving it unblocked because it seems cozier and more old-fashioned that way. Homespun all the way.



I made six pints of pickled onions.



My Hoya is in full bloom now.




And to finish off my week I got this lovely package from the leader of my Spinzilla group - all the way from Hawaii



I LOVE the little spinning wheel charm. I am going to turn it into a stitch marker.


I am off to check out the progress of other Yoppers. You can too if you click here.

14 comments:

  1. Oooh... lots of wonderful things! Your sweater is coming along very nicely. And how fun to have been given some yarn to contribute to your sock blanket. Going to go now and see if I can find the Sampler Shawl on Ravelry. I love the name and I love how yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find it in my projects. Stitch sampler shawl.

      Delete
  2. Extra awesomeness bonus points for having completed the tasks on 2 continents!
    The Hoya is exquisite with its little honey tears. So delicate.
    And I totally applaud your decision not to block the shawl. It's charm would be diminished. It'd lose its rusticity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the honey tears are a big memory from my childhood.

      Delete
  3. Lots of yarn goodness to see this week. I love your Hoya. Never have seen one before. SO pretty and delicate. Making your charm into a stitch marker is a very clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say I never heard of pickled onions but of course I have seen them at the grocers so yes I have. I haven't canned in ages and find myself coveting special treats that you can only get from canning.

    Sock yarn blankets do require a lot of sock knitting or friends or, lets be honest, both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. Yes you need friends to keep encouraging you to keep going on this never-ending-project!

      Delete
  5. The shawl is beautiful. You get so much done!! What a great thing fir the leader of the group to send you. Very awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the presents were an extra bonus to the wonderful experience I had with my first Spinzilla.

      Delete
  6. What a lot you have accomplished again this week. That shawl is beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sweater looks fabulous and nearly there by the look of it. All your pickled onions look great and I'm looking forward to seeing the blanket knit up.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.