Sunday, September 17, 2017

Yopping Update Twelve - A buddy for the bookworm

This post will be short and sweet and to the point.  I just got home from travelling all day, and I am leaving for more travelling tomorrow so I am tired and my cat needs cuddles.  Let's begin:

Here is my Antarktis off the blocking mat.



I am so happy with this sparkly project:

I did get my Yukon Hococo sewn together - oh my there were soooo many ends to sew in once he was all put together.


But I did it!



I made my sister promise to talk me out of any more little knitted animals - but then she gave me this book.  (She is not to be trusted!)



So maybe - after the Iona is done...... 

I resisted casting on anything new after Hococo was done and I went on to complete six more squares of the Iona.  I have entered a WIP down to finish her by the end of October.   Ack!  I think I can do it. It takes me about one evening per square - and I only have fourteen more to go! (Well, then there is the putting it all together part, too).

I really want to finish her because I am certain I will have quite a lot of left over wool from it and I can't wait to knit other things with the beautiful colours of this very smooshy bluefaced leicester  wool.  I am sure I have mentioned before that bfl wool is my absolute favourite.

This bfl has been dyed by Kinfolk Yarns - her colours are so fantastic - she is a true artist with those dye pots.

If you are a spinner/weaver/knitter/crocheter do you have a favourite wool and/or yarn company?

So that is my week - I was away for the weekend and just got home so I am quickly getting this post done before bed.

We are off for a camping trip tomorrow - but the Iona is perfect camping knitting.  Small and portable.

And yes, there is still no picture of the test knit - but a little birdie told me that probably next week. 

Stay tuned.  I can't wait to share her with you. 

To follow other yopper bloggers go here. Their posts are always an inspiring and entertaining read. 







8 comments:

  1. Hococo is great, but all those ends! I really like your shawl too.

    I can't use wool, so I am no help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol that your sister can't be trusted!!! :) Love the book and the Hococo is amazing! :) Enjoy your camping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope you have a lovely time camping. Look at all of those ends! You did a brilliant job with those, and so to the dog!! Your sister is a right one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, he looks great altogether! You know I owned that book at one time, but I never did knit any of them because they all looked too fiddly for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - another knitted animal. Such detail! Your Hococo is terrific - and I am totally in awe at your knitting, Mary-Anne. Enjoy your camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary-Anne,

    How lovely it is to catch up on your news again. Be sure to pour a cuppa while I admire your work.

    Your Yukon Hococo is fascinating - I am not familiar with that animal but it looks so cute and cheeky! You have given it such character in its look. I suppose it takes a lot of character to persist with a great bunch of intimidating ends but you did it and the result is totally worth it.

    When I read that you were travelling again, it reminded me of when I first discovered your blog - you were doing a fair bit of travelling then too so my first impressions of you were that you were an adventurer! I was a little envious of that lifestyle too and happy for you that you had the opportunity and means to do it. I hope you have a happy trip this time too.

    Your question: a favourite wool and/or yarn company? Alchemy "Haiku" silk-mohair blend because it is so, so soft, luxurious and the hand-dyed colours are so rich.

    Good luck with your next knitted animal. That dog book is in my local library - what do you think of the attention to detail? So clever and real works of art.

    You have so much to look forward to - and so do we if you share it here! Have fun and bon voyage xx

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.