Sunday, October 14, 2018

Yopping Update #15 - 63 or bust


Well, not only did I get all 63 points done (and before my birthday too), but I have picked up the 315 stitches and already knit 10 rows of lace.  The number of stitches gets shorter with every row - so this part may move along quite quickly.


It was Thanksgiving last weekend and my husband and I were by ourselves for the first time in forever.  So, of course, on Sunday we had to cook a turkey dinner with all the trimmings.


Needless to say we ate turkey every meal until Thursday night.  I even had turkey sandwiches for breakfast three days in a row!  I love turkey sandwiches. 

So that was my week. Knitting the Houlland shawl and eating turkey. 

Oh, and I may have become hooked on The Walking Dead.  Season two here I come.  No spoilers please.

And, as long as there is no zombie apocalypse in the coming week, I will be 63 years old by the next time you hear from me.  And even if there is a zombie apocalypse I think I will be ok because I have watched enough of The Walking Dead to know some tricks to avoid being bitten.  I am a survivor afterall!

To follow the other intrepid yoppers you can check out their progress here.



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful color of yarn for your Houlland Shawl. And YUM to leftover turkey! I haven't roasted a turkey in years, but you're suddenly making my mouth water for it. I hope you have a very Happy Birthday, Mary-Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting the 63 points done on the shawl. I like the color.

    We are looking forward to our Thanksgiving next month. Love me some turkey sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With gravy in the sandwiches?
    Have never attempted Living Dead but absolutely love “I Zombie”. Lolly and I are making our way through all 12 seasons of the innocuously-addictive-but-with-some-annoyingly-naggy-characters “Heartland”. Horses, drama, romance and absolutely incredibly beautiful Alberta scenery: perfectly diverting nonsense. And Season 3 of Riverdale... and The Good Place... and Atypical... and This is Us...
    I watch too much Netflix, don’t I!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Holland shawl is beautiful, I love the colour. Hope you have a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your birthday and your TV programmes. The shawl is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that pink colour! And have a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm. Turkey! And yeah, the leftovers go for a long while (My aunt sent us back home with a bag of extra turkey when we did Thanksgiving at her place. I made Turkey Casserole and there's still some in the freezer!)

    Congratulations on getting all 63 points done -- I don't think I'd have had the patience!

    And I hope you have an amazing birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shawl looks very pretty and did you say "turkey dinner with all the trimmings"? We have over a month to go before ours here in the states...now I can't stop thinking about it! LOL! Happy Birthday! You are a youngster! I'll be 70 this January....I hope we both stay healthy and ambulatory! Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one, yummy-looking meal for two. Happy turkey day to you. Your lace project is amazing and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Thanksgiving lunch looks delicious and your lace looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.