Sunday, October 18, 2020

Yopping Update #16 - A basket of Hope

 


There has been a lot of knitting of wee things this week as I continue to work on my Nativity scene.  After I finish the shepherd I am working on, there is still a few more sheep to make (I only have made one), and one more Magi and then there is ALL the sewing together!  I can't even imagine.  

basket contains: Mary, Joseph, 2 kings, 1 shepherd, 1 sheep, a manager and the baby Jesus!

I can post a finished object finally because it has been received by its recipient. 

Vera Viking pattern from Alan Dart


Other that that I have been continuing to de-clutter books and teaching supplies - I think I have gotten rid of enough things to make it to October 27th!!  Lol.  Over achiever much?

I haven't been feeling that great this week, although I had some respite yesterday for my birthday which was a bonus.  It must have been the 'refreshing' dip I took in the ocean to celebrate turning 65. 



post dip Apple Crisp

My Amaryllis bloomed for my birthday - silly plant

That is my week.  I hope next week I will have some photos of the Christmas scene put together.  I want to finish the knitting of all the little pieces, because I have all this glorious new yarn to use for a Mosaic crochet blanket and I don't want to start until I am sure I won't need any of the colours to finish the Nativity scene.  I have to find or create an Angel pattern because the pattern I am using didn't include one.  Stay tuned.  

I was asked last week to post a group photo of my gnomes. So here they are - adorning the top of my piano (for the time being).







10 comments:

  1. Hope you start feeling better soon. A knitted nativity scene....have to admit I have never seen one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good golly. That looked like a very chilly dip in the ocean. The apple crisp looks very yummy.

    You really got those nativity pieces knit up quickly. I imagine sewing all those pieces together will be time consuming.

    Cute gnome decor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday. And I too want to see that nativity scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated birthday wishes on turning 65. Ooh you are brave going in the ocean in mid-October. I hope you feel better this week. The group shot is adorable, I love the look of them and they are so cheery. Vera is a hoot, what a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that's one way of celebrating your birthday! Not something I'd want to do but with my birthday being in June at least the water might be a tad warmer lol. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Mary-Anne! You make me so happy. Jumping into the ocean - I can't even imagine how cold that was! Vera the Viking is another bold lady. I can imagine how happy she made her new owner. Your gnomes are adorable, and their stocking hats are so fine. Happy Birthday, friend. I'm just 3 1/2 years behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!!! You are brave to take a dip in what looked like C O L D water! Good for the circulation though! Your Viking gal is great and so are the gnomes. I can't imagine all the work you have put in on that nativity scene and then all the sewing left to do. You are a trooper! I wish you all the best of health and happiness in your 65th year! Hurray to you!!!! Hugs ~ Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like the nativity scene is really coming along! I am excited to see how it looks when complete.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! What a great birthday dip! I am truly impressed! And I love the gnomes!! You are so talented! Avril :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy birthday, and well done for taking a dip! Just yesterday morning I heard a good feature on radio on the benefits of cold water swimming, so way to go!

    Your viking Vera is super cute!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.