Sunday, September 5, 2021

Yopping Update #10 - Zooming along

 Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Hello dear Readers, 

It is Labour Day weekend here in Canada and it is raining.  I am glad for that.  We need the rain and perhaps the less-than-stellar weather will keep the crowds down at the holiday spots and therefore keep the Covid numbers from spiking as they seem to do after a long weekend.  

I am making very good progress on my gansey - I started the first sleeve yesterday...


I received my prize from Tour de Fleece.  I have wanted a spinning gauge for some time now - to measure wraps per inch and twist angle. 



I have been swimming this week and got out for a few walks.  It seems the crows were having quite the conversations on my last visit to the sea wall. 


Fall seems to be determined to arrive early and the leaves are starting to turn.  I saw this as I headed out for my swim early this morning.


On the novel front I have received an ISBN and I have finished the last round (I hope) of edits.  I also started designing the book cover.  Slow learning curve using the technology for sure, but I am persevering.


And the title of today's blog post? I have attended at least twelve Zoom meetings this past week.  Zoom, despite its frustrations, has been my lifeline over the past eighteen months and I don't think this will change anytime zoom.  I do manage to get a lot of knitting done during most of the meetings which is always a bonus. 

I did have another migraine this week, which I am convinced is connected to a new medication the doctor wanted me to try for a month.  I will call her this week to report my concerns.  I haven't had a migraine for months, so two within ten days of each other are two too many!

I hope you all are doing well.  Zooming along in whatever way suits you. 

the bear hasn't been back, but the squirrels are everywhere!




10 comments:

  1. I love your gansey! What a lovely sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I too have seen leaves falling along our driveway. I hate when I can see the hint of yellow in the leaves in mid-August as it means that fall is coming even when it's soo hot. Your gansey looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gansey is growing quickly. I wish fall would come to us. We are still over 100F during the days and in the low is in the 80's. I hope your Dr will try something different so your migraines will stop. So excited to see your book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like things are going well - except for the migraines. I'm so sorry about those. Congrats on your prize! And something you've been wanting! Double lucky! :) Keep us posted on your book. It's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I'm loving the sneak preview of the cover. Highly apt for teh content. Your skills abound.
    I'm not a zoom fan. Prolly because I'm so hopeless at waiting my turn! Oh and HeY, I really enjoyed hearing your voices in the bear video. Wallabies in the vegie garden are far less fearsome. But then again, it's almost snake season here and I fear for our crazy young dog. Being a Pointer, she loves to poke her nose down holes, and is a tad obsessed with sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting about your book. What genre is it? Do you keep a food diary for migraines, I have a friend who did that and managed to identify something she thought was triggering them! So far so good she says.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gansey is going to be so amazing when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your week sounds like it was another lovely one! You are indeed Queen of Gansey! The current project looks like it's going to be another lovely.

    Sorry about the migraines, I totally get it. I've been having headaches almost daily since April. It seems like the culprit is new meds and work stress combined. Hope you find your culprit and get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited your book is coming along so swiftly!
    The Gansey is moving super fast too, it feels like I've blink, and BLAM: its almost done!!

    Hope you get this migraine situation worked out and get some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the migraine is better now and you are on the way to identifying the cause. The book cover is really exciting - it is all beginning to come together now!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.