Sunday, September 19, 2021

Yopping Update #12 - Why can't I do things the easy way?

   Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Well, Advent apparently has come and gone.


These were a quick and enjoyable knit and except for the cuff/heel/toe it was all stash busting. 

So, of course for my next project I had to decide to do something not quick, and for the past 48 hours not enjoyable. 

Yes I started another gansey.  This time a cardigan.  I picked a pattern, but of course I decided to modify it so I could knit it with bigger needles.  I spent two days figuring out the math so that my gauge and the motifs of the pattern would work out.  

You'd think I would learn to work in pencil!


Last night I started the Channel Island cast-on, and then today got as far as the first button hole.  I clearly am out of my mind - but hey, in for a penny, in for a pound.  I also realized I like the wrong side of the Channel Island cast-on better than the right side so I had to sort that out and throw in an extra row. 




More math to figure out the button hole spacing as the pattern has the buttons grouped in twos with a larger space between each pair.  Sigh.  Really.  What was I thinking?


Oh, and did I mention I may be playing yarn chicken with this cardigan?  Oh well, if I lose I will just 'have' to make another order of Frangipani yarn from The Net Loft.  Don't cry for me....it is all good as there is another colour I want to order for another gansey down the line.  I think I may need a 12 step program...

My gnome-a-long starts on Tuesday and I have picked out the yarn for it.  I think....stay tuned. 


That's it for me this week.  I wasn't even going to blog today because I had another migraine last Thursday and all the medication I took has upset my stomach.  Grrrrrr.  I can't talk to the doctor until this coming Wednesday so I am just laying low (and knitting - did I mention I am re-designing the gansey I am knitting so I have to alter the pattern?)  

Also, we have had so much rain in the past two days I am thinking of looking up plans to start building an ark.  Or maybe I will just get my raincoat and rubber boots out of the closet and embrace the Autumn storms. I have been checking out a new 11km trail near my house that I think I will tackle next week - and yes, I will carry bear spray. 

 I have been a mother for thirty-six years as of today.  My husband, daughter, grand-daughter, son-in-law and I all video called the birthday boy and sang to him a capella.  It was great to have my whole family on the call.  No pictures, but a lovely moment to remember. 





6 comments:

  1. Your Advent socks are fantastic! And you knit them so quickly!!! Heck, I'm hoping to get mine done by Dec!!!
    12 step for Gansey - too funny. I'm glad you enjoy knitting them and they are quite amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those socks! And your new walk sounds wonderful - hope it is a fun time out for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those socks are awesome! I want to make some too! The yarn for your new Gansey is so pretty..that shade of blue is right up my alley. You are amazing but if I had to do all that before knitting I would have a migraine too! LOL! I hope the nausea goes away..that is not fun at all. I have been waiting for Fall and today it is here! Rain and cooler temps...I am a happy camper! So glad you have bear spray. There are You Tube videos on how to use it if you haven't used it before...you might want to practice before you have a real encounter. Precious baby!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Advent socks. So bright and cheerful. You and your sweaters. Lol. Another Gansey as well as the Channel Island? I am impressed. That is a lot of sweater knitting to do. But then, you will have plenty of time while sitting on your Arm. LOL. I hope your migraines stay away. No fun at all. Mine headaches are triggered by the barometric pressure. Go figure. Looking forward to seeing your next gnome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your socks are so fun! I love all the patterning and the colors.

    Your blue sweater is a lovely color! I'm excited to see it grow.

    Happy (belated) birthday to your son, I'm happy you were all able to gather virtually and celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cheery advent socks are so fun. Of course I’m looking forward to your next gnome, I can’t get enough of seeing them. All that maths sounds like a nightmare, you really must love knitting ganseys to stick with doing the necessary sums. Your advent socks made me wonder if someone has done a 12 days of Christmas gansey, I wonder if you could fit all the lords a leaping and drummers drumming etc on one! Hope the migraines pass, are you affected by the atmospheric pressure, perhaps when the stormy weather passes the migraines will?

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.