Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Yopping Update #14 - Better late than never

 


I am here.  A little late (ok a lot late) but never-the-less a quick update.

I have, in fact, lost yarn chicken with my cardigan. 



Such a shame that I had to order more yarn to finish the sleeves, and lo and behold by accident, on purpose, I ordered another 1000 gms that just jumped into my cart!  It is already shipped from The Net Loft in Cordova Alaska and I will soon be able to 

a) finish my cardigan, and

b) start another gansey!

In the meantime I have gotten a wee bit behind on my KAL gnome.  I have a hat, and a nose and some odd bits that I was told to knit but have no idea what they are for. 


I am still dealing with migraines - which sucks - so my swimmng and walking are both on the back burner.  

On the front burner I have got my novel to the publish stage.  Stay tuned - there should be an announcement in the next few days. 

Nature has been putting on quite a show lately. 


I do love the fall

I spent the weekend Christmas shopping and wrapping in order to get my daughter's Christmas parcel in the mail last Monday.  Yes, it takes that long to get to Croatia from Canada!

Speaking of Croatia...someone was camping by the river this past weekend.


Surrounded by love


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't imagine having my children/grandchildren so far away. I thought SC and Florida were bad enough but at least I can get a flight there within a few hours. Funny how that yarn just jumps into carts. Fortunately for me I was able to walk away from my cart when I realized shipping was more expensive than my yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really have to watch that yarn. It always seems to find a way to bring friends along when purchased. Those photos of your granddaughter are precious. She is growing up way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yarn from Alaska seems so perfect for a Gansey, when I think of Alaska I’m thinking men in chunky warm jumpers. My BIL suffers from migraines and has one of those light boxes and kept a food journal to see if certain foods set it off. They are so debilitating, it’s frustrating there’s no quick fix for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg she has gotten so big- lbless her on the beach!
    The ups and downs of knitting! Ran out of yarn but now enough to finish 2 projects!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.