Sunday, October 31, 2021

Yopping Update #18 - Trio completed



Let's get right to the finishes. (Afterall there is still a pumpkin that needs carving).
 
 Presenting - The Beatrix Potter Trio

Jemima Puddleduck, Peter Rabbit, Mrs.Tiggy-Winkle

Had to show the rear view - loving Peter's Cottontail!

Then I decided to tackle something that has been on my Yopping list for a couple of years. It took me three tries to get this mini Elizabeth Zimmerman sweater to work.  I tried twice to scale it myself:

hmmm.  top part too small



bottom better shape, but top still too small


Then I realized the new book I got last week had a formula for the sweater based on finished size.  So I drew up a pattern that was two inches around the chest with 1/2 inch width for sleeves. and Voila!  it worked.  I don't know why I didn't look in the book - but it was an interesting afternoon of math and knitting and frogging and knitting and frogging and knitting until I finished.  I was happy to find the perfect button in my button jar to finish it off. 




The rest of the week was spent on my Portwenn socks.  I am on clue four which is one more pattern and then the toes. 


It was pouring rain all week, but finally on Friday the skies cleared.  Amid more raking we took a trip out to one of our favourite beaches yesterday to winterize our camper, go for lunch and walk in the wind and waves. 

view from our picnic table

lol - he needs a toque (or a hair-tie)

glad to have on my gansey and matching toque

Tonight is Halloween so I am off to carve our pumpkin and get the yard set up for the wee trick or treaters.  I am so glad that it will be a clear night for them.  

Halloween has already happened where my daughter and her family live so I will leave you with a picture of their celebration. 


Someone is getting into character for tonight's festivities here at home!

BOO!






10 comments:

  1. You are a great writer. I love your blogs. Cute mini sweater. Is that an ornament for a gift tag? Glad you figured out the math!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an ornament - although gift tag would be a good idea for future mini sweaters. Or luggage identifiers.

      Delete
  2. The Beatrix Potter characters are precious. You do such a great job on those little creations. I tried to order that Elizabeth Zimmerman book but it is backordered and they removed it from my order (sad face). I was going to order it from Amazon but it was over double the price! You have such beautiful views where you live. You do look nice and warm in your gansey and toque.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a beautiful job on your Beatrix Potter characters! They are so cute! It would take me a year or more to accomplish that...if I even could!
    What beautiful scenery you have where you live! Mountains! Wow! Cute photo of the grand baby with her pumpkins. How did your hubby do that scary picture? Amazing! Happy Halloween! Love your mystery socks too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute are those wee little characters? Peter Rabbit's tail is absolutely perfect (and super adorable too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Beatrix Potter characters are adorable! They came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Beatrix Potter characters are adorable! They came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I love a snow capped mountain, and Beatrix Potter! Well done on working out how to do the teeny version of that cardigan, so cute. I hope a hat is on the needles already to stop him looking windswept 😉

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mini-BSJ and the Beatrix Potter trio are the cutest! Your view from the picnic table is amazing. We don't have snowcapped mountains in my region; I think they are so MAJESTIC!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your trio! They are adorable and ghe sweater is fab - the button is perfect 🥰

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.