Sunday, November 7, 2021

Yopping Update #19 - Socks and Beanies

  Follow my blog with Bloglovin




Halloween Night - wearing two ganseys to stay warm (and the fire pit helped too)

Hooty Halloween



Halloween was a big success and the neighbours down the way had an amazing firework display that we enjoyed for almost an hour before coming in to have a late supper and warm up!

This week I  finished my Portwenn socks:

and then cast on my next pair

Shield Maiden by Belly Button Knits ready for the heels

I started a beanie to match my navy gansey cardigan - Anne of Green Cables by Imagined Landscapes.


I have been writing this week.  I joined NaNoWriMo to write a novel in the month of November of at least 50000 words.  As of today I have 11,844 words!  I work this process by aiming to write 50000/30 which is 1667 words a day.  It is a very rough first draft - I am letting the characters and landscape write itself and direct me where each day's writing should go.  It was not fully fleshed out before I started, since I just decided to join very last minute.  The important thing is I am writing and it feels good to have set myself a goal and so far, seven days in, I have met my goal. The story is about a woman who gets stuck in a foreign land because of the CoVid 19 lockdowns. She needs to make a life for herself while living alone in a place, for over a year, when she doesn't speak the language, or know the culture. Stay tuned. 

I did try to go for a swim today but when I got to the pool I was told the pool was full and it would be at least an hour to get in.  Needless to say I went back home.  It is very cold and pouring with rain - I guess everyone decided (with the extra hour thanks to the time change)  to head for a swim.  Nevermind, I will go tomorrow, and if it stops raining I will go for a walk in the woods today. Even if it doesn't stop raining - time to drag out my wet weather gear - as my mother always said - "You are not made of sugar, you won't melt."

Yesterday I attended a wonderful 65th birthday event for a friend.  Her daughter had planned a self-care afternoon, and besides the good food and conversation we were treated to a group reiki healing session for one hour, and then a flower reading by this wonder intuitive gentlemen from San Diego.  My reading was very profound, and he will be sending me a zoom transcript of the reading so I can re-watch it and really take in what he said to me.  There were eleven of us and we had all been asked to bring a flower that we had chosen and felt connected to.  He didn't know who had brought each flower which made his observations all the more astute and astounding in their accuracy. 


It was my first time socializing since February of 2020.  I got dressed up, put on earrings and even a wee bit of mascara.  It felt amazing to be with a wonderful group of women celebrating another wonderful friend.  

On my facebook memories this following photo popped up. 

My great-nephew modeling a sweater I made.  (He is in grade one now!)


I will leave you with this.  My daughter and granddaughter were chatting with us the other night.  I realized my granddaughter had gotten very quiet.  "What's she doing?" I asked.  My daughter chuckled and showed me this picture. She had asked her ta-ta to make her some popcorn - and then this happened. 

I love how she fell asleep with her hand in the popcorn bowl.  




6 comments:

  1. Look at you going to town on socks. Cute patterns. Your gansey hat is getting done quickly too. The bday party sounds like a good time. So glad you got to socialize. Your grand daughter is do precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great socks! The birthday party sounds like it was a lot of fun. I’ve never heard of a flower reading. It sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fancy socks. They look amazing. How wonderful that you were able to have such a lovely afternoon with friends. Sounds terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your socks. that pattern looks toasty warm too. Writing a novel...again! You're amazing! The plot sounds very interesting....pretty much like my life except I speak the language..lol! If you need any material just let me know..lol! The birthday party sounds like it was so much fun. So glad you went and enjoyed yourself. The Gansey hat is lovely...who doesn't like cables? Your pumpkin is a piece of art work! I hope you can get in the pool this week. Have a good one. Oh, the grand daughter is a hoot with her hand in the bowl...too cute that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your halloween and your friends birthday celebrations sounds like fun. I've just started to read your 'White Rabbit' book. I couldn't find it listed on Goodreads where I make a record of all the books I read, so I'm going to submit a request to add it to Goodreads. It links with Amazon so I'm sure there'll be no issue them adding it. Anyway I only started it last night and faffed about with Goodreads trying to find it so only read a few pages so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless your granddaughter with her hand in the popcorn! Halloween looks brilliant and cosy in those ganseys. Love the socks as well.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.