Sunday, November 28, 2021

Yopping Update #22 - Advent (ure) is here

 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

 


Good Morning All, and Happy first day of Advent and first day of Hanukkah.  I love it when different festivals line up - more candles!  

I finished my 3rd gansey beanie which I modified to include the planaria motif cause I think it is so cute.  It is hard to see in the picture, but trust me there are four planaria scooting aroung the cap just above the ribbing. 

It is navy despite the camera depicting it as gray

I got quite a few more repeats done on the Samwise socks.  I am really liking the branch motif and thinking I might incorporate it in my next gansey. 




I finally picked my colours for the Advent Gnome KAL that starts this coming week:

I hope to make two - one with the pink and one with the purple #3

I also joined The Netloft this week on Thursday November 25th and found out that it was International Gansey Day.  I learned about an Advent gansey KAL so of course I joined.  I found enough Palette in the Clover colourway and did the set-up so I am all ready for December 1st. 


humble beginnings

I ordered some waterproof sneakers  last week and they arrived just is time for more rainy walks.  All that got wet yesterday were my pants, so today I ordered some waterproof pants.  I am determined to walk this winter like I did last winter.  I can't let all this rain stop me. 

love walking in puddles rather than avoiding them 


Yesterday I stopped to take a picture of the dreaded hill I have to walk to get home. Why oh why did I buy the house at the top of this hill
this picture doesn't do the steepness of this hill justice - just sayin!

I had to put down my grocery bag to take the picture, and looked up from the camera to quickly snap this. 

I think he smelled the caramel apples in my bag

It has been very wet here, and the rivers are flowing quickly. 


so winter is definitely here, but then earlier in the month I was surprised to see this:
A fuschia in full bloom

Nanowrino ends in two days, and I only have 1311 words to go to reach my 50,000 so I will be finished a day early.  Yay me.  I will leave you with an excerpt from Chapter 22

What on earth!” Sarah exclaimed as her mug of hot tea splashed all down the front of Marin’s pants.


In all the excitement - Fred bolted out the door and into the brce.  Marin jumped back and was trying to hold the material of his pants away from his crotch.  


“Jabati” he shouted.  Sarah knew this was some sort of Croatian swear word but didn’t dare pull out her translation app to see how rude it was because she was mad!


“What are you doing here?  Are you stalking me?  You have no business coming to my door?  And now look what you’ve done, Fred has taken off” she was crying, worried about herself, her safety, and now Fred. 


“Ne Ne”, Marin spluttered.  “Not stalking”.  I hadn’t seen you for time and I asked around about Kanadska baka in the village.  Not stalking.  Today I was walking by. I saw yellow cat in window, and had one eye, and I thought maybe Fred so I thought, well I thought I would knock and….”


Marin looked so pitiful as he tried to explain his appearance at her front door, and the now cooled wet spot on his crotch was ill placed for a man in his, well, seventies Sarah assumed. 


Still, there was no way she was going to invite him in - her concern now was Fred and getting him to come home.  


“I will go” “Oprosti , oprosti.”  he apologized.  


“I think you should”, Sarah barked.  “Fred will likely not come home with  you standing outside his door!  


Marin took off his jacket and held it in front of him as he walked away.  Sarah noticed that two of the regulars were in the brce and watching the exchange with some concern.  The two bakas, that often sat outside their front doors in the evenings, had also noticed the commotion as had the next door neighbour.  


Well, thought Sarah, now they will really have something to talk about in this little village. Like the locals ever need any fodder to gossip. As Connie always told her, if they don't know they just make it up.





5 comments:

  1. Some great progress this week! Are the samwise socks different between the two socks, or did you just position them to show the difference between the front and the back? How awesome to have both such great knitting and writing progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same pair of socks and yes there is a front pattern and a back pattern.

      Delete
  2. Your racoon friend is very brave to come that close to a human. You have done quite a bit of knitting this week. Those socks are really cute. Love the design on them. Would you please send your rain down to this area? We are in such a drought. It is really horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so inspiring with commitment to walking. I haven't been walking for a month since it got cold here in Ohio. I'm looking forward to starting my days with a walk now that I'll be in warmer weather. It's impressive to see all the gansey items you have knit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really busy and making progress on all fronts. The socks are so pretty and the hat looks great with the cables and planaria. I love your sage green start and how fun to join a bunch of KALs!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.