Sunday, November 14, 2021

Yopping Update #20 - Done and done

 Follow my blog with Bloglovin




I am not always sure where the time goes from Sunday to Sunday, but I do have two finishes.

Shield Maiden 

and I stayed up until almost midnight to finish my matching toque to my Grace's Cardigan.



This means that at this very moment I have nothing on my needles.  Nothing. Nada.  Zilch. 

I do want to start another gansey, and I also have a few sock patterns all ready to go with the wool and colours picked out, plus that little Weeble Doll is beckoning me, so stay tuned, I am sure something or somethings will be on the go very shortly. 

I have been busy writing all week with Nanowrimo.  I have written almost 25,000 words and most days I get the writing done before lunch.  Further White Rabbit news is that I have scheduled a five day promotion from November 22 - 26th in which my ebook will be free.  I think it only runs on Amazon.com (the instructions were kind of unclear), but we shall see how that goes. 

My sister, brother and I are investigating the cost of self-publishing our books in paperback copy.  Stay tuned, as it looks promising. 

I have managed to get to the pool only once this week.  Tuesday the pool was closed when I got there due to a power outage, but I managed to find a trail that started at the pool parking lot which was quite lovely and for the hour I was walking the rain let up. 

follow the yellow leafed road!

I did manage a successful swim on Thursday though, and the other days I was either walking or raking up cedar leaves.  Oh my, the cedar leaves that I have in my yard are epic. 

As I reported last week I had given away eight handknit shawls, and yesterday I bundled up 9 pairs of socks, 2 cowls, 1 shawl, 3 hats, 1 baby sweater and two adult sweaters to send to my sister who is putting together christmas hampers  on her little island.  It felt good to know my handknits will be going to good homes.  I put another pair of socks aside for a dear friend.  It has been a good week of de-stashing handknit things that just sit forlornly waiting for their turn to be worn.  Of course I already have started a wool order with YarnCanada.  I just have to push the 'pay now' button.  God help me - I don't really need to add to my stash - but oh the colours, and oh the fisherman rib shawl pattern I want to make!

So that's my week, writing and knitting, knitting and writing, with a few walks, some raking and a swim thrown in for good measure.  

I hope your week has been good as well!
I will leave you with an excerpt from my latest novel.  Working title is "Letter to my Granddaughter".

“I did finally hear from Ante”, said Connie.  “They are off the coast of Africa, and the work is going well.  It seems like this virus has not affected Africa the same way it has Europe. They are at sea for another month or so and then he should be coming home - six weeks at the most. He laughed at our dilemma of you being there and me being here.  He said it was typical of you and I because we don’t communicate clearly enough! “,  she chuckled.  “I think it is just that he doesn’t understand the whole concept of doing things impulsively - he hates surprises!”


Connie continued to chuckle, more to herself than to Sarah, and Sarah could see in her daughter’s eyes and hear in the softness of her voice how much she loved Ante.  Their angels had certainly brought them together - a chance meeting at a pier when Connie was busking - and the rest, as they say, is history or herstory.  They had married in a small seaside village just south of where they are living now, and Sarah was glad she and Tom had been able to attend.  That was eight years ago.  Eight years!  Where does the time go?







7 comments:

  1. I’m making my way through your first novel, it’s brought up a lot of memories of 17-18 year old me and when I had the same item on my to do list. I added your book to Goodreads, as it wasn’t on there. I entered the details and summary from Amazon on there. I recommend you get yourself added onto Goodreads as an author and then take ownership of that book and your new one when it’s finished. It’s a great way of getting some free advertising and another way of people finding your book. Also when people buy books from Amazon for kindle or in print there’s the option to add it to your Goodreads library, which tracks the dates you read it and people can write reviews that appear on both Amazon and Goodreads. Worth investigating though as it’s another way of getting it noticed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. I have claimed the book now and I am in the process of getting all the information entered correctly. I uploaded the wrong cover page, and I have to contact goodreads librarians to get it fixed. Oh my it is not the easiest site to negogiate as an author, at least not for me. Thank you for the tip.

      Delete
  2. I will was going to get your novel but now I will wait for the free copy. The excerpt certainly kept my interest! I have Cedar trees but they are evergreens...no leaves and they don't drop them. What kind of Cedars do you have? The yellow leaf road looked so inviting! Those socks look like they should be a sweater and the hat is gorgeous. I can't believe you have nothing on the needles1?! You are so productive in all areas and it seems to agree with you! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, ironically our cedars are evergreen, but every fall they drop a number of dried and dead leaves. Lots and lots of them! Good question - I don't know what kind of cedar - but I am going to investigate and get back to you. I just have always called them Cedars. lol.

      Delete
  3. What lovely finishes!! I also have a huge stash of unworn knits, and I'm constantly wondering what to do with slightly used handknits.

    Congrats on all your writing for Nanowrimo! I always have friends participating, although not always the same friends! In years past, I have heard the collaborative sessions with other writers being one of the most helpful parts. I don't know if that's a thing again yet (cuz Covid).

    I'm excited to see what project you decide to cast on next! They are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing on your needles? Good golly! I don't believe it. You always have something going. No matter how small. How wonderful your hand knits are going to be given to people who can use them. I have shawls I would love to give away but do not know who would use/want them. I will never wear them but I enjoyed making them. Your walks are always so pretty. You have such lovely scenery around where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those socks are magnificent 😍 well done on keeping up with the writing.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.