Sunday, October 17, 2021

Update 66 - What?

   Follow my blog with Bloglovin 


This is suppose to be a Year of Projects update, but an important event has preempted Yopping Update #16.

Because...

Today is my birthday!  I am 66.  Sixty-six!  As my dear friend said today - you have 39 years to go!  

I am planning to live to be 105 so, yes, 39 years indeed.

Yesterday I swam my birthday lengths - 66 lengths - in 59 minutes, and then I went to a hair salon for the first time since February 2020 for a trim.  I felt brave and now my long hair feels so much healthier. 



This morning I was greeted with my grand-daughter wishing me a happy birthday, and then a group video chat with my son and daughter, and they sang me happy birthday with my dh accompanying them on guitar.  

Then my sister phoned with another happy birthday song, and I got to open my presents from her while she was on the phone - what fun!

More wishes from my younger sister and brother and a dear friend.  I am blessed indeed. 

Yes, another migraine earlier this week, but I am moving forward - one day at a time. 

On the knitting front though (can't resist updating my fellow yoppers) I have finished my cardigan, and it is waiting to be blocked.

so happy with buttons I found in my button jar(s)

I have knit all the little pieces I can for my Beatrix Potter trio.  I am waiting on the light and dark browns I need for Peter Rabbit and Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle. I am hoping my KnitPicks order arrives this coming week. 



I started a pair of socks which I am knitting two at a time and I am 8 rows away from turning the heels.

Catharine MaCaulay from the Bluestockings collection by Kate Davies

My dh gave me the board-game Wingspan for my birthday and so today (which is a very rainy day) I am going to learn how to play it.  When my son was out in August he brought his game and we played it and I LOVE it.  Any birdwatcher/birdlover would enjoy this game because there are 170 bird cards with beautiful illustrations and information on their habitat/feeding behaviour/nesting habits etc.  It is enjoyable just to read all the cards.

set-up and ready to roll

I have been organizing all my knitted shawls, and I am washing and re-blocking nine of them to give away to friends.  


I mean really, how many shawls does one woman need?  

And don't even get me started about my sock drawer!

I have been in jeans for 19 months, but I always have colourful feet!



I will leave you with two pictures. My dear grand-daughter:

her Ta-ta is a brilliant photographer



and my motto for the coming years:




Warning - Shameless self promotion - My first novel, White Rabbit, is on Amazon as an ebook.  I have self-published it under Mary-Anne Burton Taylor.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, you young thing you - I will be 68 in March. Yes and 39 to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mary-Anne. You Beatrix Potter pieces are so cute. You do such good job on small items. Your hair really did get long in the past 18 months. It looks very nice on you. Shawl weather is approaching here. Will need to pull mine out and see if I am still in love with all of them. Some if mine may be finding a new home too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Sounds like a fantastic day. How wonderful. I'll be following you in only 6 months. I definitely have to be prepared to live a long time (no pension, only lump sum given when I retired) as my father is 92 and going strong. He acts at least 10 years younger than he is. Sounds like where you live, knitwear gets good usage. I'm having to learn to knit summer tops and anklets. On the plus side - they take less time although everything is fingering weight yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to you! I can hear the joy and the energy in your writing. I don’t have that fire in me to live past 95, perhaps when I’m 66 it will kick in. I am really hoping 2022 is going to bring you an opportunity to see that beautiful granddaughter and give her a cuddle. My how she is growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!! I am 72 1/2 so I am way ahead of you! I love tour hair...you look so cute with it that way. You swam for an hour? I doubt if I could walk that long! Good for you! Glad you had so many well wishers on your birthday. The Beatrix Potter stuffies are going to be so cool! Your sweater is gorgeous, of course and I love the sock pattern. T hat game looks very interesting and the quote at the bottom is right on! Glad you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! Wow you’ve been busy, I feel exhausted reading about it. I really like those socks, I found two at a time a bit too confusing so I’m always impressed with this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry I missed your birthday! I hope you had a wonderful birthday week. Your cardigan looks great even unblocked and here's to seeing your granddaughter soon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day! Can’t wait to see your Beatrix Potter trio all put together.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.