Sunday, October 24, 2021

Yopping Update #17 - Surprise!

    Follow my blog with Bloglovin 



My week got off to a grand start as I met the newest Marine Biologist in my life (ok, the only Marine Biologist in my life) and gave her the Planaria Gansey.  It fits!


As Peter Rabbit and his friends were still waiting on the KnitPicks order I finally sewed the buttons on my Gansey Cardigan.


And then I finished my Catharine Macaulay socks.
\

Still no Knitpicks order so I cast on my latest socks (also gansey style) called Portwenn


Then...ta-da, yesterday my Knitpicks order arrived so last night I got to work on Peter Rabbit's body, Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle's head/ears and paws, and Jemima Puddleduck's bonnet.  I also went to Michael's in the afternoon to get more stuffing and some yellow pipe cleaners for Jemima's webbed feet.  I'm all set for the putting together portion of the program. 


In order to get free shipping I also bought this book.  I have made three or four surprise sweaters by Elizabeth Zimmerman and I love making them so this book is a delight to have, and I will be making something from it as soon as Peter and his friends are all put together.  Currently they are just a basket of bits and bobs!
making a mini version for my Christmas tree is on my Yopping list for this year too!

I also bought a set of 6" double points in small sock sizes.  I have a set of 5" needles, but often they aren't long enough for some of my gnomes and/or toys. That's my story and I am sticking to it.


Of course some sock yarn jumped into my cart by accident, 

the single ball is grey, not sure why it is photographing purple


as well as a row counter I can wear on my finger and quickly advance the rows with a tap of my thumb.  I have something very similar for counting laps when I swim. 


So it has been a retail therapy kind of week - and I am so pleased with all my purchases. 

I have been playing Wingspan a few times this week - sometimes solitaire and once with my dh. (He got the highest score! Hmph).


It has been very rainy and windy here all week and the low barometric pressure meant yet another migraine.  Sigh.  I have been keeping a food diary but so far no clues.  My stomach hasn't been so great all week and all I have been wanting to eat are chicken breasts and brown rice.  Could be worse I suppose.  We got our flu shots on Friday so that is a good thing.

I did make chocolate chip cookies yesterday.  That was my daughter's fault as she was making them in the morning and as a co-worker of my dh's said 'It done flung a craving on me!'  

My grand-daughter has called a few times this week.  Today she was painting with her momma, and yesterday she was riding her two-wheeled bike (with training wheels).  Every time I see her she seems to have learned something new to share with us. 

Nature is putting on quite the show these days.  The fall colours are stunning. 

backyard maple showing off

I hope to get out for some walks this coming week - time to get the rain gear out of the closet.  I joined another Conqueror Challenge - The English Channel - and I am logging my swimming distances there while I continue to log my walks on the Ring Road in Iceland.  I hope to be done the Ring Road before the end of the year, and the English Channel by then too.  Then I can start two new challenges in 2022 - one for walking - The Kruger safari in Africa - and Macchu Pichu for swimming.  I like these challenges and the medals are very beautiful!

Raking the yard of ALL the cedar will have to wait - 


It  is pouring again - and the barograph indicates storm 





so I am staying in and will continue on my Beatrix Potter trio.  I only have Peter's arms/legs and jacket to go and then I can start assembling. 

My novel  sales are slow and steady.  I am going to explore the cost to also do a limited run of paperback copies.  Stay turned.

I hope all my dear readers are staying warm and dry.  Time for tea and a cookie I think.  







5 comments:

  1. Wow. What a busy week!! I'm not a good walker once the temperatures get cold and sky gets cloudy. That's why Florida is good for our exercise. What a great retail therapy session! I'm not good with actually using my books of patterns. I probably have a dozen books but have yet to use a pattern from any of them. Ravelry is just so easy for getting and displaying patterns. I do want to see if any of my books have a good sock pattern for self-striping yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, your friend's gansey fits perfectly. Your gansey cardi looks right smart on you. Nice finished socks. And now...gansey socks. You are certainly knocking it out of the gansey park. Look at all those goodies from knit picks. I am getting ready tonplace a knit picks order. Might need to look into that book. Your fall colors are stunning. Thank you for posting photos of it. You asked about the meaning of my tattoos. Each one depicts a lost family member. (Mom, Dad and brother) That is all the immediate family I had. Not thinking any more are in my future either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had quite the week! So glad your supplies came so you can continue on with your BP menagerie. They're going to be so sweet! Your marine biologist looks great in the Gansey and so do you! Lovely socks and the new ones....Port Wenn are they named after Port Wenn in the Doc Martin show? Our colors are about mid-way here....peak should be the about Halloween. LOve all your "treasures"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the designer did use Doc Martin as her inspiration. I love Doc Martin - I hope a new season comes soon. We are watching Martin Clunes on Manhunt currently and he is great in that too.

      Delete
  4. All of your ganseys are amazing. It is modelled perfectly in both shots! Your acquisitions look great and all very practical. I'm really looking forward to the assembly of Peter rabbit 🐇

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.