Monday, April 4, 2011

Sometimes you just have to let go

Well, I am home after spending a frustrating hour in the chem lab, trying to do something that I didn't have the proper equipment to do. So, I have decided that this year's Grade Seven class won't do this experiment. I can't make something out of nothing, and it is a big step for me to just LET IT GO!

I am covered in some yucky residue, which I hope isn't eating the skin off my fingers as we speak, and I am smokey from tending the lime kiln we made today. At least that was successful. Tomorrow we will slake marble, and I will let go my acid rain experiment. We will burn phosphorus instead.....that should be fun.

It has been cold and rainy today. Really cold rain, sleet, in fact. I just want to come home, have a warm bath, eat some comfort food (macaroni and cheese), and curl up on the couch and knit.

Yea, yea, I will finish the laundry, and even put it away, and I will do the dishes, because that is what I do when I am cranky. Having my hands in warm soapy water always makes me feel better, and then, bonus, the dishes are done and the kitchen is tidy,

So I came home cranky, and I read a dear friend's blog that ended with a question. What are you grateful for today?

I am grateful for a wonderful husband who puts up with my cranky old self. I am grateful for a warm house, hot water, and good food on the table. I am grateful for supportive friends, and colleagues (many of whom I count as good friends as well).

I am grateful for the opportunity to learn from my students. I am grateful for the fact I have the resources to fly back east to see my daughter in a few weeks. I am grateful for my son, who is home safe and sound from another tour with his band. I am grateful he still likes to snuggle on the couch with me and watch silly tv shows.

I am grateful for my health. I am grateful that I have the freedom to express my thoughts and speak my mind. What about you? What are you grateful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.