Thursday, November 28, 2013

Getting hit by the truck

It was so weird. For about a week I kept feeling like I should be extra careful while in a car because I kept seeing myself being t-boned in an intersection.

I was hit by a truck on Sunday. Proverbially, but a truck none-the-less.

So here I sit, uncomfortably, after having emergency surgery on Monday afternoon for an infected gall bladder. I went to the doctor today because one of the incisions is still bleeding, and I was fretting.

I feel like I should feel better. He tells me to be gentler with myself. "Not only surgery, but you have had an infection inside of you for some time as well."

Be gentle with myself.

That would be easier if I felt better.

The doctors, and nurses were so great. So great. We are lucky to live in a place with this kind of medical care.

So, here I sit (did I mention the discomfort). I know I have much to be thankful for. But geez, this has been a sucky year on the health front. I now wonder how much of my unwellness this summer was related to this little organ that no longer resides inside of me.

So, pay attention to those intuitions. You never know what shape that truck may take.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.