Sunday, March 5, 2017

Update 36 - Life is Funny



Yes, life is funny. I woke up to this:




It is March right?

The other funny thing is - you know those socks I frogged last week because they were making me cranky?

Well, I looked and looked for some other wool to make those Cookie a socks - Kai Mei, and I looked for a different pattern for that yarn, and well, that dark blue yarn and that pattern just wanted to be together, so I changed from dpns to my nine inch circular needles and voila!



Needless to say, my baby blanket was somewhat put on hold, but I did get to row 26 on the 2nd quadrant.

I also finished the second sock of my Tibetans using my homespun. They are so cozy and warm they have been on my feet all week because

a) I have a nasty cold (probably due to the pool/firemen fiasco of last week), and
b) it is snowing! (note snow in top of the photo)




Here is a couple of shots (before the snow) of my Uncia shawl that I was blocking last week:


As of this minute I only have one WIP on the needles, and that can't do, so I will likely cast on another pair of Tibetans (god, I LOVE Cat Bordhi), and a cowl that I want to make to use up some qiviut and homespun I have.

That's it for me this week.

Sort and sweet, because I have knitting to do, chicken soup to eat, and a new series on Netflix to binge watch - When Calls the Heart.

Did I mention it is snowing here?




18 comments:

  1. Wow, look at that snow. I'm sorry you're sick. Your new pair of socks do look cozy. And yay on having a happier time knitting that Cookie A pattern with 9". I have to try that one day as I do have a 9" for a 0.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I would like the nine inch needles, but I love them!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous blue... clever you for finding the perfect combo. And wow... so snowy... no wonder you have a cold. Stay warm. Enjoy the chicken soup... and let me know what you reckon about the series. We started on Black Mirror on our Netflix tonight ... loving it .xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the series - hey it has the school teacher and a Mountie and coal miners and amazing scenery. What's not to love? warning - black mirror tends to get very weird in later episodes.

      Delete
  3. It looks like you got those socks knitted just in time for the snow! Stay warm and cosy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, even with the lace the blue ones are uber cozy!

      Delete
  4. I hope you shift the cold in more ways than one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it normal for you to have snow in March? Lucky you have those cosy socks. There's nothing as warming as snuggly socks. I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So not normal. There should be cherry blossoms and daffodils, crocuses and snowdrops!

      Delete
  6. Great minds think alike as I am watching When Calls the Heart also. I started when it was on Hallmark and I've read the books but I canceled my satellite so I no longer got it plus they would be like a few episodes and then 6 weeks in between.....binge watching is the way to go! LOL!
    Love the shawl and your Tibetans looks so cozy! I hope you fell better soon! Those socks are pretty but I would snag them in a heartbeat....lace of any kind is not practical for me but I can still admire them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a very cool lace pattern and only starts at the gusset and then wraps to the top of the foot. So far no snags - but then when you are just wearing them while you sit and knit and binge watch it is pretty safe. lol . Jack is pretty cute, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulously cozy socks, fabulous shawl too... but you can keep the snow thanks.
    Hope you get rid of your cold soon and the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cold is slowly abating and the sun is out today (although more snow predicted for tonight and tomorrow)

      Delete
  9. The snow is very pretty. Especially knowing spring is right around the corner! :) Beautiful projects! I LOVE seeing the Uncia Shawl blocked. What gorgeous detail in that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, now I just need somewhere fancy to wear it!

      Delete
  10. Hope you are feeling better. I love snow, we don't have much here. I'm sure if we had more we would hate it but there we go! Your socks look gorgeous and indeed, lovely and snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the snow too, just not in March! I want daffodils and spring walks on the seawall!

      Delete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.