Sunday, February 18, 2018

Update 34 - I never knit alone


As promised I am on the road for the next two months.  We have camped for a week now through Washington and Oregon states and we made it to California Saturday evening.  Yay us! 

I realized on Wednesday that my test knit socks were due Saturday and I wasn't yet at the heel turn.   Ack!  I knit knit knit and finished them today.   I can't show you any pictures yet, but I do have a story to tell. 

I realized while I was knitting that I am never knitting alone.  My friend Sandy made the project bag I am using, and my stitch marker is a little spinning wheel I received from participating in Spinzilla two years ago with the Aloha spinners from Hawaii.  The yarn I am using for these socks came from my sister, my friend Marjorie, and my friend Betty.  The yarn from my sister she purchased from my children's handwork teacher at the school where I taught.  I knit the socks with nine inch circulars which I use because my friend Cait got me to try them and now they are my favourite needles for sock knitting. I won the needles I was using from a Ravelry challenge.  



So when I knit I always have friends and family with me.  

Now the test knit is done I can get back to my Zodiac KAL.  My sister and I are about at the same place - triangle two!

Posting pictures is sketchy with random wifi, but here are a few holiday scenes.  







Until next week!

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to look at knitting with people. Now I will be thinking of the same thing when I knit away on projects.

    Your photos are great and looks like you are having a marvelous time. Safe journeys to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great way to look at it....I also love 9 inch, just bought two new ones...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the connection you drew to all your friends and family while you are knitting. What a great trip you are on! The socks are darling and look very cozy. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures and the socks are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.