Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Yopping Update #20 - Should I? I Should.


Yes, it is Tuesday, and yes I am three days late with my update.

It has been quite the week.

Firstly I taught for five days at the teacher training institute, and while it was wonderful and everything went well, it was exhausting.

I did a little knitting on the surprise - and actually have finished all the knitting as of last night, but now it needs to be blocked and put together.

Will that happen anytime soon?

Probably not.

We are getting new floors installed and hit a snag today because the subfloor in the bathroom is rotten and needs replacing.  Finding someone available to do this on short notice has made today very stressful, but hopefully we are back on track as of tomorrow.

Except tomorrow I start subbing in Grade Three for three days.  I could cancel, but clearly we need the money for this little 'hitch' in the plan.  I am such a mercenary.

Last night we spent emptying the fridge and the pantry so the appliances could be moved for the above mentioned floors.

My stress level as been off the charts and my stomach is on a steady diet of Zantac  Oh joy.  Oh rapture! Not.

Also, now we don't have access to the kitchen for dinner tonight - so I guess sushi?

Thank goodness we have a second bathroom.  Currently our toilet is sitting in the bathtub.  Thank goodness the second bathroom has a shower.  Grade Three will appreciate that.

What does all this have to do with my title?

I have been struggling with all the shoulds I pile on myself.  I should go to the pool.  I should go for a walk.  I should blog. I should read blogs.  I should listen to podcasts. I should journal.  I should read that book.  I should study my Croatian.  I should go to bed earlier - and so it goes.  I have decided that what I should do is stop 'shoulding on myself'.  So there's that.

On the plus side all the cleaning of the basement and all the trips to the dump and recycling depot have resulted in lots of fitbit steps.  Yaaaay?

So at the moment I am sitting in the living room surrounded by my kitchen table and chairs and all the pantry jars and window sill plants.  The fridge and stove are on the back porch.  Did I mention the toilet is in the bathtub?  How is it that in the process of cleaning and decluttering it looks soooo much more cluttered and, well, not clean?

I am going to start another knitted present, so also a surprise Knitting is my lifeline when I can find the time to sit and unwind a bit. Here is some hemp for my next two projects.  One will be red and natural, the other blue and green.



Oh, and crying - that helps too.

However, whatever will be will be, and in two weeks I will be in the air heading to see my daughter and her very pregnant belly.  I am looking forward to this trip, just not to the getting ready to go part of the program.  Packing always makes me anxious.

I am sure my yopping buddies will have some cool projects to show you.

In the meantime I will show you the colours of the project I just finished.





5 comments:

  1. Wow....my stress level went up jtst reading your blog lol. We remodeled our kitchen and 2 bathrooms at the same time. I can totally understand your stress. Hang in there.....you will be so happy with the finishe project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do what's high priority, even if it's one or two items. You go on the subbing. Good luck w/the flooring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you. I've should-ed myself into hospital with a migraine recently, and just like you, I've decided it's time for a change in attitude, and to go back to what I want to do, even if it means that something I should do will have to wait. The soul needs breathing space, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO much on your plate now, but I hope you will be able to fully enjoy your trip to see your daughter and her pregnant belly. :) And how nice it will be to come home to your house with new floors in your kitchen and bathroom! I like your final should - and I concur.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I'm not surprised there were tears along the way. My floors needed replacing a few years ago and it was extremely stressful. They hadn't been done in 18 years and I'll be happy if they don't need to be done for another 18 years. Unfortunately the landlord choice of floor is not the best quality and it shows, disappointingly. I'm sorry that you had a nasty surprise with your bathroom floor. You did really well to 'roll with it'. I hope you are happy with your new floors. I wonder if it will feel strange on returning home to different floors after being away for so long.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.