Sunday, June 16, 2019

Yopping Update #50 - Ta-Done


And she is done!




So there is that. 

I have made some progress on the Fisherwoman's sweater - six inches this week. I can manage 4 rows before I have to put it down and give my arm a rest so it will be slow going.  I have 6 more inches on the back before I start the neck shaping.  I have already cast on the two sleeves, and done the ribbing so once the back is done I will do the sleeves before the front. 

This week there has been some pool exercising for my arm, and on top of physio I also had doctor and dentist checkups. On Thursday I went to the Vancouver Symphony where they played live the soundtrack from "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" while we watched the film.  It was a wonderful evening and I even took my own wand to the event to be part of the dress-up that seems to be important at functions like this!

Two more weeks to go for this Yopping year and I am working on my list for Year Nine.   I have been through my queue on Ravelry and picked out some things to work on, but knowing me I will find other projects that interest me along the way. 

To follow my other Yopping friends check out their posts here.

This morning and afternoon we have had a riot of hummingbirds flitting back and forth to the feeder, the swing, and the trees.  I am not sure if it is mating behaviour or fledglings, but it has been exciting.


9 comments:

  1. Hooray for the Ta-Done blanket. It is lovely. I really like your placement of the squares. So happy to hear you can do some knitting now. Four rows is better than no rows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blanket turned out great, Mary-Anne. Each square beautifully knit and they do all go together so well. And the border you knit is a nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blanket is just great Mary-Anne, well done on getting it complete and on making progress on the Fisherwoman sweater, you are making great in roads into the project.
    Your evening out sounds like it was great fun and very enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blanket is awesome! A border makes all the difference too. I didn't know about borders years ago but they really give it a finished look. Take care of that arm and don't over do it!
    I have heard other Symphonies doing those types of programs...how fun for them and you!
    Love the hummers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blanket looks great, I love the theme that runs through each square and it looks great with that border finished, worth the effort with all those zillions of stitches. I look forward to seeing your Fisherman’s sweater, 6inches is great progress even without having a sore arm. I haven’t seen the Harry Potter movies so don’t know the music, but love that type of event where people join in. Many years ago I went to A singalong a sound of music which was hilarious with groups of people in clothes made of hideous curtain material. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is so gorgeous. It was well worth the effort and stress! I love Harry Potter, that must have been such a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! That love heart themed blanket is cute. Congrats on finishing it. Sorry that your arm is still giving trouble but I hope it is coming along slowly and you are not overdoing things. Maybe take more time to sit back and watch the wildlife? What a privilege to have hummingbirds so close to you in your garden.
    Sorry I have been away from blogland again. Trying to return in fits and starts. May this message find you well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Gorgeous.
    I envy your hummingbirds ( having only ever seen them on television). Does Otis chatter at them? Reg would for sure!
    The movie and orchestra experience is such fun. But I hope you didn’t need your wand!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hummingbirds are so neat to watch.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.