Sunday, June 23, 2019

Yopping update #51 - ohoh


So I was zooming along on my sleeves, two at a time, when I realized I wasn't doing any of the increases.   Oops!   I am not tinking back four inches of cabling, so I will start the decreases now. 



I also felt like the sleeves were going to be too bulky, so I separated the yarn (which was double) and will complete them with only one strand.  I think this will ensure I have enough for the whole sweater in the end.  I did the calculation of yardage used so far, and what is left and it will be close, but doable for sure.  Making a sweater out of recycled yarn is not for the faint of heart that is for sure. 

The cabling and heavy yarn is hard on my arm - as I have stated before I can only do about four rows before my arm gets sore, so.......


I cast on a lace weight shawl with some left over lace I have.  It is a mosaic pattern and I think it will be quite lovely when it is done.  All pinks and purples. The pattern is slip knit love.



So that is that on the knitting front.  I have to get my wrap up post ready for next week and then on to Year Nine.  Looks like I will be taking two wips into Year Nine with all my ideas of Advent knits (no, really, this is the year for the Advent knits!!)

To follow other yoppers check out their posts here.  Some of them are wrapping up this week (I always seem to be a week behind, sigh.)

9 comments:

  1. The shawl pattern is very pretty. It will be lovely with your chosen colors. You are not a week behind.....wrap up is next week. You are spot on! The sweater is gorgeous. Sorry to hear that shoulder is still giving you fits. But 4 rows is better than 0 rows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both projects are looking good but take care of that shoulder :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m not wrapping up until next week either 😀. That’s a lovely yarn bowl you have and the new shawl looks like it’s going to be lovely. Well done on finding a solution for your sleeves, with your arm being sore the last thing you needed was to rip back those precious rows. Excited to see your wrap up and new list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how mathematical your knitting is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cabling looks beautiful, Mary-Anne. Now, I want to know about that interesting yarn bowl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won that on Ravelry last year. I entered a scavenger hunt with a destash group and I got more items than anyone else. It is gorgeous.

      Delete
  6. You've made good steady progress on the sweater again this week Mary-Anne and I wouldn't rip back those cables either, that would be a definite modification I could live with lol.
    Love the choice of yarns and colours for the shawl and the mosaic pattern will be nice and gentle on the arm and quick to work up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I've done that before... skimming the pattern when I thought I was reading it. Sounds like you came up with a good workaround. Fingers crossed for the fix, and I'm rooting for you in the yarn chicken game...

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.