Sunday, December 15, 2019

Yopping Update #24 - Advent knitting continues

Welcome Dear Readers.  I hope your day is going well.  Today will mostly be pictures because I have napping to do today (see further down to see why!)  So let's get started.  First my daily Advent knits:

Rudolf - December 8

December 9 - Bell

December 10 - Reindeer sweater

December 11 - Bluebird of happiness


December 12 - Little pink Heart 
December 13 - Snowman (note his handknit scarf!)



December 14 - well?  It is suppose to be a drum (my son says it looks like a macaroon)
All hung on an i-cord garland on our fireplace

December 14 - 2nd knit to redeem myself from aforementioned drum




The testknit socks got some attention
I got the yarn I wanted for the contrasting colour on my Sandhill County Shawl.

This took about 2 hours to make into a ball because the skein was horribly tangled!



I hope to get to it today after my advent knit - but I was up at 4:30am to take my son to the airport (he was in town for a mere 14 hours) and today may be spent napping....a lot!

It is the third Sunday of Advent so the animals have joined the wreath.

In the third week of Advent shine
The wondrous beasts of every kind
Beasts who tread upon the earth
And gave their stable for the birth.
Now the beasts are on the earth
Waiting for the Christ child's birth.




I also wanted to leave you this week with a poem that was hung on the wall at the Hope Center where I go for counselling and support.

St. Francis and the Sow

The bud
stands for all things,
even those things that don't flower,
for everything flowers, from within, of self-blessing;
though sometimes it is necessary
to reteach a thing its loveliness
to put a hand on the brow
of the flower
and retell it in words and in touch
it is lovely
until it flowers again from within, of self-blessing;
as St Francis
put his hand on the creased forehead
of the sow, and told her in words and in touch
blessings of earth on the sow, and the sow
began remembering all down her thick length,
from the earthen snout all the way
through the fodder and slops to the spiritual curl of
the tail,
from the hard spininess spiked out from the spine
down through the great broken heart
to the blue milken dreaminess spurting and shuddering
from the fourteen teats into the fourteen mouths sucking
and blowing beneath them;
the long, perfect loveliness of sow.

Galway Kinnell


Blessings on you all during this third week of Advent.To follow other Yoppers check out their links on the right side top of this post right below my profile.

7 comments:

  1. I love all of your advent knits and together they look brilliant. I find tangled skeins both the most infuriating and pleasurable to sort out! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you got your nap - that was an early start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love all your advent knits - and hanging on the fireplace on an i-cord, they looks downright festive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grrr, I wrote a comment earlier and it disappeared, now switched to Google Chrome and this seems to work. Well done on ending with one ball after a tangled skein, I hacked at one tangled skein with scissors and ended with half a dozen different sized balls. I love the advent Knits, especially the tiny sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your advent Garland looks grand. I liked the drum too. Boy child needs to learn to nod and say "nice job mom". No photo of baby girl today? So sad. Love the 3rd week of Advent poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how I missed your post but I did! Love your Advent critters and items. So cute they are and then how sweet to string them across your fireplace. So nice to see your son even if only for a few hours. the socks are looking good!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.