Sunday, December 1, 2019

Yopping Update #22 - All the little kits


I have been kit knitting this week.

Easter knit

poppy brooch kit from November magazine
little gnome from odds and ends

On Friday I received some yarn from a friend to do a test knit for her


I also started a 2nd Wild Mustard toque which I will start striping with some other colour (yet to be decided) because I don't have enough of this purple/grey colour.



Today is the first Sunday of Advent.  Each week I will add something new to the wreath.


In the first week of Advent shine,
The Light of crystals in the mine
The rocks, the jewels and the stones
The seashells and our bones.
Now the stones are on the earth
Waiting for the Christ child's birth.

And of course what would my sunday posts be if I didn't share this?


And to answer a question from yesterday - I do swim in an indoor pool but the whole wall beside me is glass floor to ceiling so I can see the trees and sky as I swim.  It is heavenly.

Now I am off to an Advent knit cast-on party.  I will be casting on my Sandhill County shawl and probaby a little advent knit as well.

Have a good week everyone, and remember if you want to check out other yopper posts see the sidebar to the right of my blog.

5 comments:

  1. Your Advent wreath is so pretty and I loved the poem. (Gosh, I can not find my wreath!) You were plenty busy this week with your needles. Some really cute and clever knits. Your Grand Daughter is growing up too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know about the pool. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little bunny is so cute and your brooches are very nice. NY favorite is the gnome, I think and of course that little elf in the last picture who is truly precious! Happy Advent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your advent wreath is gorgeous and I love the idea of an advent cast on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I commented on this one last week, as I mentioned about our pool not having any windows at all. I’ve been playing catch up but recognise that super cute little gnome and bunny. Anyhoo, lovely makes.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.