Saturday, November 30, 2019

November 30 - 30/30

NaBloPoMo ends today and I am pleased with myself for posting everyday.  Writing can be my salvation at times, but at times also my nemesis.  It used to be that when I was struggling as a teacher I could write quite eloquently about my place in it all.  Now that I am retired and struggling with just being me I find often I am at a loss for words.  I know though that it is in those times that I need most to write. 

Today I was on the move from 10 am until just a few minutes ago.  It is 5:15pm.  The lasagne is in the oven and dinner will be ready in 30 minutes. 

Today:

CoDA meeting from 10-12
Lunch with hubby and then shopping for dinner fixings - 1 - 2:30
Make 2 lasagnas - one to eat and one to freeze 2:30-3:30
Go for a swim 4-5
Put on laundry - 5 - 5:10

Tonight I plan to sit and knit and watch Six Feet Under - a new Crave binge.  Ironically I am test knitting a pair of socks for a friend and her design is called KnitFlix and it is a perfect pattern for watching tv.  Not too complicated, and the pattern is easy to remember so I don't have to look down too much. 

While the lasagna sauce was cooking I made my wreath for advent which starts tomorrow.  In the morning I will light the first candle for the first week of advent.


So there we are.  November is almost over and in three weeks the days will start getting longer again. 

When I was in the pool a woman caught my eye and gestured to the clouds.  I had already been admiring the ones to the south, but the western clouds looked like little blue sheep with pink under them.  She said "When life disappoints me I just look at the clouds.  They are so beautiful".  "Yes", I said, "the clouds and the birds singing remind me of the beauty in the world."  I then dove under the water for a few strokes and when I surfaced I looked for her and she was gone. 

I think she was an angel. 

An angel reminding me of the beauty that is around if I just take the time to look. 

3 comments:

  1. Angels are all around us. It is amazing how they appear when we need a little kick in the pants. You had quite a full day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always been picturing you swimming in an indoor pool, if it has a glass roof or is outside how much more pleasant that must be. Thanks for the reminder to look up 🙂🌤

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too imagined you in an indoor pool. Was I wrong? Well done on completing the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.