Friday, November 1, 2019

November 1 - White Rabbit

I always like the start of a new month.  The calendar is pristine.  Until I fill it up with all the appointments I have.  Now it looks very very busy.  But, there was that moment when it was shiny and new.  The first words I said upon waking this morning were 'White Rabbit'.  This is suppose to bring good fortune. 

I often think I don't do much of anything in a day, and yet my calendar tells a very different story. 

Today I have gone to my Tai Chi class, had a quick swim/steam/sauna, and then after lunch helped my husband chop up a pile of branches for the compost bin.  I have scheduled some work for next Monday and Tuesday, and now that it is 4 pm I think it is time to get my knitting out. I have started a new shawl and the colours remind me of fall leaves.  Yesterday I walked a bit in the crunchy leaves - the maples especially are so vibrant. 

The leaves are falling fast and furious and we have already filled two large bins of debris with one pile still to go.  There are more branches to trim away from the house, and sooooo much raking to do.

A little at a time.  Baby steps.  The weather appears to be holding for the foreseeable future so there is time before the rains are upon us once again. 

My husband is cooking us a roast for supper so soon the house will smell delicious. 

I am unofficially participating in NaBloPoMo - and I plan to post everyday this month. 

Wish me luck. 


4 comments:

  1. Woohoo.....so excited to read your daily blog. You do so much each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of our Magnolia tree leaves fell in yesterday's rain and wind. It was kind of special to walk through them today - just on my way from my car to the door to unload groceries. I felt like a kid again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started writing daily lists of all the chores and stuff I complete throughout a day - sort of a "done" list as opposed to a "to do" list. It was quite amazing to see how much I actually get done in a day.
    Lots of raking over here, too. Every time I rake up a mountain of leaves, I can't help but think of Charlie Brown, and feel so tempted to just throw myself on top of it. So far, I've resisted. ;-)
    Good luck with the daily posts. I love to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make 'to do' lists on 4x5 cards - with each card being 2-3 days so there is some spill over. If I do a task but it wasn't on the list, I add it and then mark it off. It helps me realize exactly just how much I have done - instead of thinking that I didn't do much at all.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.