Wednesday, November 27, 2019

November 27 - Ticking things off

Yesterday I went to a support group for anxiety and made a goal for myself to do some things this week that I had been putting off.  I was due for my semi annual blood test, a follow up x-ray requested by my doctor and I needed to contact a different doctor to see if the referral he had made was in the works. 

Sometimes with my anxiety I just put my head in the sand - no news is good news right?  Or at least no news is, well, no news. 

So this morning when I woke up I was all set to go to my massage and then see where the day went from there.  At 9:45am I got a call from my massage therapist that they had no power due to last night's wind storm. 

Alright, I thought, first I will call that doctor and follow up on the referral.  Good thing I did, it seems like there is some snafu in their system and hopefully the receptionist will call me back tomorrow with an update. 

Then I decided to
a) make an appointment for the bloodwork for later in the afternoon, and
b) go get the x-ray. 

After the x-ray I planned to go to the pool for a hot-tub soak (since the massage was cancelled), but when I arrived at the pool the parking lot was oddly quite empty.  Yup, you guessed it the pool was closed due to the power outages. 

Not to waste the opportunity I called ahead to my local yarn store and they assured me they had power.  I headed there to buy some wool for a shawl I want to start on Sunday. 

Home I went with wool in hand.  (Not sure about one of the colours, but we shall see).

At 2:45 I was in the blood clinic.  I was done within 10 minutes so I headed out to run some other errands.  But, there I was on the same floor as the dentist I was seriously considering switching to.  I headed in and talked to the receptionist and within about 15 minutes I had filled out a new patient form, booked an appointment and had the email information I needed to go to my current dentist and ask for my records and xrays to be transferred. 

I decided to not avoid the confrontation and went right over to my current dentist to tell them I was leaving and to transfer my records.  No confrontation - they took my information and said they would transfer things this afternoon.  Wow, I guess my feeling that they didn't really care about my business was true.  I had written them a LONG letter in August expressing some concerns and was told I would get a response.  You guessed it.  No response.  My dh seems happy with his dentist so I am going to give him a try. 

Phew.  Good productive day.  We were home by 4:30 and I was knitting and catching up with The Masked Singer while dh put the finishing touches on our dinner. 

Here is my latest knitted project:


Oh, and I finished that darn bunny last night too.

Why do all my stuffies look so woe-be-gone!


4 comments:

  1. Wow. That is an amazingly productive day, Mary-Anne. These are exactly the things I struggle to do (making doctor appointments, getting bloodwork... anything that I"m not sent directly to do I can put off indefinitely, it seems. I'm rather proud of myself that I got my flu shot and shingles vaccine a week ago when I was in Walgreens picking up some photos. It was a totally last minute decision. And I got it done lickety split. It seems doing these things on a whim works fairly well for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, whim decisions work for me too. I get my shingles booster next week - I actually planned that one. lol

      Delete
  2. I too procrastinate about stuff like that but you are so right....once you do it you wonder why you thought it was going to be such a struggle. Glad you pushed through it and you got so much accomplished! New yarn too....lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.