Monday, November 25, 2019

November 25 - Put and Take

When I was younger I used to help my mum "put and take" which is what she called tidying up when the counters where full of things that didn't belong in the kitchen, or the landing of the stairs was covered with things to go upstairs or down. 

Today I realized I needed a good effort of "put and take".  My study had things strewn all over the floor and desk - remnants of my week of teaching.  The coffee table was overrun with magazines, wool, needles, journals, novels, and other knitting paraphanalia.  It took a good hour or more to get things put away, papers recycled, and of course I took the opportunity to find what I needed to start another project. 

So now I am sitting on the couch (heating pad on my back) and trying to knit a little poppy pin that came in one of my Simply Knitting magazines a month ago.  I could be putting together a little bunny that I knit - but I am not in the mood for sewing things together.   


If the poppy pattern doesn't get easier I may just cast on another pair of socks that required no thinking. 

I have decided to spend December working on small Advent knits, one a day, and I also want to cast on a shawl but I need to get to the wool store and pick out the colours and wool I need.  Hopefully I will have that in hand by December 1.

Today I scored a THREE hour nap, and then went to the pool for a swim afterwards.  Throw in the dishes and the laundry and I would say it has been a productive day. 


3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a very productive day. Now that I've done my Thanksgiving dinner grocery shopping, I'm doing a put and take all over the house. Our our dejunking as has somehow left our house pretty messy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that...."put and take". I have lots of that to do for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.