Tuesday, November 12, 2019

November 12 - oops

It was going to be a busy day anyways but I had it timed exquisitely. 

Haircut - 11am - 11:50
Opening Session at School - 12 noon - 1pm
Eat lunch in car as I drive
Group at Hope Centre - 1:15 - 2:15
Swim 2:30

Then I would have the evening to relax and do a little more prep for my teaching which was to start Wednesday morning. 

When I walked into the noon meeting my dear friend said "Aren't you teaching tonight?" 

"I don't think so", I said sort of confidently.

The Executive Director was beside us and showed me the schedule.  Yup, I was to teach at 5:20 until 6:45. 

What? 

How had I messed that up. 

I still went for my swim, and I went over my lecture notes in my head while I did all my water exercises. 

Then home by 3:30 for a snack, gather up all my teaching supplies and loaded into the car by 4:30.

My dh drove me down and help unload everything to save my poor hip and back. 

I organized my notes, and rearranged the room a bit so all the students would have access to the blackboard

At 5:10 all was ready and the students started to drift in.  Two students were attending the class via the computer and nine others were sitting in front of me ready at 5:20.

It went well. 

After the class I put up the board work needed for my 8am class and then my dh picked me up and now I am home and just finished a yummy beef stew that himself made for dinner. 

So, ya, today had a bit of an oops, but it all worked out in the end. 

The cat is snuggled beside me, and I have a heel to turn on my latest knitting project. 

I am going to enjoy knitflixing for the next couple of hours, and then I have an article to re-read before my lecture tomorrow. 

The week of teaching started ten hours earlier than I thought it would, but I am ready so here goes.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nightmare but glad it turned out well but I'm sure all your teaching experience carries you through in situations like these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for being so ready! And yes, I'm glad, too, that it worked out well for you. I hope the rest of your week runs smoothly - with this being the biggest oops you have to deal with.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.