Sunday, November 24, 2019

Yopping Update #21 - Christmas knitting has begun

So excited to have my sock knitting mojo back.  I finished a pair for me:

The last half of the foot on each sock is me trying to match the stripes using my leftovers in my stash because I only had enough yarn for half of each sock in the self striping.  This meant lots of ends to sew in, but I have been wearing them all week and I LOVE them.  This is the Rose City Rollers pattern which is super easy, and great fun to knit.

I knit a second pair, but shhhhhh Christmas is coming and I don't want to spoil any surprises.

Then this weekend I knit up the little kit that came with my latest Simply knitting magazine.

A little angel ornament for my tree.  I am going to count her as one of my advent knits!


I have been successful so far in posting every day in November for NaBloPoMo so if you want to know what else I have been up to you can check my previous posts.

I will end with a picture of me at the school's Christmas Faire on Saturday  My dh and I went to the cookie house and I scored a gluten free Gingerbread Man.. 

wearing all the knitted things!
And here is my grand-daughter wearing a grandma knit outfit.


9 comments:

  1. Great socks. Love the little angel. Will the ginger bread go on the tree or in your belly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeay for socks! (Also gluten-free gingerbread! Yum!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those roll-top socks look great, Mary-Anne. And what a cute angel ornament. Knitting a little thing like that just amazes me - it's the two-sticks thing... ;^) Your granddaughter really rocks that outfit and the music! She's got some serious rhythm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your socks are so cute. I would have never guessed you 'self-striped' on your own! LOL! Good job! Your little angel is precious and so is your 'rockin' grand baby in her grandma knit outfit! Too cute! That is a great picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely socks and I love the little ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that video is just too cute. She's so pretty. The angel looks great, I love these little knitted decorations people are making. Yum! Gingerbread man....mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit but an even better model!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.