Sunday, November 17, 2019

Yopping Update #20 - and on the seventh day she rested


I have a finish - another little doll and leaf.



I really enjoy knitting these little gnomes, I have another leaf that needs a little gnome so I will be casting that on before the end of the week

I think my sock knitting mojo has finally returned and I have cast on a pair of Rose City Rollers.

I am knitting them two at a time because I am using leftover yarn and I have to finish them in another colour and wanted to make sure at least the top of each sock matched.  I am doing one on a 9 inch circular and the other on double points.

I taught 15 hours this week ending this morning so perhaps that explains my late post today.  I went to the pool after my class, home for some wonderful homemade chicken soup and then a long and luxurious nap!

I woke up to a quiet house - my hubby must be out doing one errand or another - so after doing the dishes I sat down to catch up on some of my missed tv episodes while I fixed a knitting problem on a friend's shawl.  Now it is ready to be blocked and I think she will be happy with the result.

There wasn't much knitting this week because once I got home from teaching at 7 in the evening and had supper usually bedtime wasn't far behind.  The socks were it.

I have been successful so far in posting everyday for NaBloPoMo and this week I got to the pool five times.  My hip seems to be slowly improving and my mood is definitely improving.  I plan to do NOTHING tomorrow, but on Tuesday and Wednesday I am back at work all day doing two teacher evaluations.   No rest for the wicked, as 'they' say.

I hope all my readers will forgive me for not answering all the comments you so kindly leave on my blog.  I read all of them, but as of late had not had the wherewithal to reply.  I have been trying to keep up with other Yoppers and Nablopomers and I hope now that teaching is over I can be more diligent with my replies.

Of course my weekly update wouldn't be complete without a picture of this adorable girl.  I was lucky enough to be on a video chat with her and my daughter as she took her first steps away from her mumma towards the table.  Her first steps up to now have all been to her mumma.

"Did you see that?"  exclaimed my daughter.

"I sure did!"  And it made my week.




We are heading into the dark and rainy days of November and I want all to know that I am lighting candles for peace near and far.  And for all of you whom I love dearly.


8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your hip and mood are continuing to improve. I don't have a strong desire to knit socks, but I'd sure think TAAT is the way to go. Adorable little gnomes and even more adorable granddaughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duh...once again I forgot to put you in my reading list and blog list...so sorry! I am glad to hear you are feeling better all around. Your little gnomes are so cute! And of course....your granddaughter. How neat to see her walk! That girl is breaking all records! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried adding your URL to my blog list and no go...it does nothing so I've sent a message to Blogger...we shall see. I've never had a problem before. I checked the URL many times over too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got it....I needed to go out and 'save arrangement' and you're there now! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you figured it out - those darn save buttons aren't as obvious as they should be!

      Delete
  5. Those figures are cute and I am always in awe of anyone who can knit socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for first steps, I'm so glad you got to see her do it! Love the little gnomes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your leaf and gnomes are so sweet. I do like the color of your RCR socks too. Nice way to use up scraps of yarn.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.