Sunday, November 3, 2019

Yopping Update #18 - It's the little things (apparently)


Ta-Da!

syd the sloth
And he has all 12 toes, because he is a 3 toed sloth! 

Quickly followed this week by this little toadstool baby:

why do all my dolls looks so sad?
I love the leaf pattern for this little baby to curl up in, and I plan to make some little gnomes with leaf beds too. 


re-did face - not so sad
Now that the little things are out of the way I started another shawl, because, well, I always need another shawl.  This one is Clapotis from Knitty and I have made it before out of iron gray for around the campfire.  This one will be for more dressy occasions I think.  It is a simple knit for netflixing (new verb) and I love get to unravel a row of stitches every 12 rows.  This was the yarn I got at Walmart for 1 dollar a ball.  I have 2 balls and will just make it as big as the yarn I have.  I love the fall colours.

And speaking of fall:


I am working all day tomorrow (I am tired just thinking of it), and what with the time change it already feels like bedtime and it is only 5:30!.  To be fair I have already gone to a workshop today and to the pool, plus lunch in the sunshine with my hubby and 90 minutes writing up a report for said work tomorrow.  Oh, and the dishes.

So now I am heating up some pea soup and getting my knitting so I can settle in to watch Heartland and the rerun of the season finale of Battle of the Blades.  Yesterday we filled five giant compost bags with limb trimmings and all that bending and stretching was not so kind to my hip.  So me and my heating pad (and my hubby) are on the couch until bedtime. 

That's soon right? 

PS:  I am participating in NaBloPoMo this month so this is post #3 for that. 

To follow other yoppers check out their posts in the sidebar. 

5 comments:

  1. Your sloth and toadstool baby are adorable! Almost as adorable as that little granddaughter of yours. I love the colors in that shawl yarn too. Very autumny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely shawl. The colors are so pretty too. Your sloth is adorable as is the baby toad stool. Your grand is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they are soooo cute. I can’t pick a favourite, both are lovely wee projects. Your shawl looks like it’s going to be lovely and soft and fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cuties you've made! They are just adorable! Susan Anderson had some little 'leaf baby' patterns and some other cute toy patterns. Have you ever seen Chloe and The Farm? A whole barnyard of animals and Chloe the girl with her dog who's name I forget.
    Your little granddaughter is the cutest! I love seeing the world through a child's eyes. It's like seeing it for the first time again. It makes us appreciate this beautiful planet.
    I love the colors in your shawl...and what a bargain! For some reason you are not showing up on my reading list! I have got to remedy that....so sorry! Take it easy and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great knits as always. I hope your hip improves with some rest.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.