Wednesday, November 20, 2019

November 20 - No surprise

I was at work by 8 this morning and home by 10:30.  A quick trip to the pool and then I would have the whole rest of the day to do what I wanted and also to finish writing up the two evaluations I did this week. 

On the way home from the pool I was marveling at how the light was dancing and glinting off of everything.  Every thing. 

You would think I couldn't be fooled, but I was.  It wasn't dancing light.  It was the onset of a migraine. 

I made it home.  Drank a sugary drink, took two ibuprofen and headed to bed.  I woke up three hours later, a little headachy still.  I took two tylenol and drank a coke.  Caffeine helps.

I have since been sitting on the couch, kntting and keeping the lights low and the sound on the tv low. 

I shouldn't be surprised.  My body decided I needed a day to rest.  Really rest. 

I just wish I didn't need a migraine to remind me. 

5 comments:

  1. I hope you listened properly to your body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you caught it before it got really bad. I've never had migraines and I had no idea you see lights or sparkling before the onset. I hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just returned to the blogosphere after an extended absence and from this first post of yours that I have read, it appears that you have been very busy. I hope you nipped that migraine in the bud and I look forward to catching up on all of your news. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no. I wasn't expecting a migraine as I was reading. I understand being fooled. I've only experienced migraine a few times and each time it's come on differently (I've never seen lights). I hope you're feeling better already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh bummer. I was so hoping you were having a lovely vision not a migraine. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.