Thursday, November 21, 2019

November 21 - Getting things done

Migraine almost gone and I headed to school to finish off the evaluations.  I was home before noon and decided to load all the cedar bows on my front lawn (that my son had cut down when he was visiting last month) and take them to my school so they can decorate the school for the Christmas Faire this weekend. 

After a quick lunch I went to my support group at Hope Centre.  It was good to catch up with my friends there as I had missed the last two weeks because of work.  After the meeting I headed to my local vitamin store and redeemed a coupon I had for a free smoothie.  Kale, Pineapple and Mango blended with coconut water. 

Once home I decided to rake up the remaining twigs and branches on the front lawn and filled two compost bins with trimmings.  I finished just as the sun left the yard. 

Inside I went and made cauliflour soup for supper and then sat down for the evening to knit. 
I turned a heel on a second sock - which is still a marvel to me that one can create something three dimensional from two sticks and some wool - and now it is time for bed. 

Hopefully tomorrow the migraine will be completely gone as I have Tai Chi first thing in the morning and then I am meeting a friend for lunch and a Christmas craft market - my first of the year. 

Life is clickety clacking down a straight line track at the moment. 

I'll take it.



3 comments:

  1. You did quite a bit with a bit of a migraine hanging on.I must say the heel turn of the sock is my favorite part of sock knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pleasant and productive day this sounds like. Even though it was probably hard work I imagine the pleasant smell of cut cedar wafting in the air as you raked up the twigs and leftover branches. That's sounds heavenly to me. The heel of socks is what keeps me from trying one (well, that and there are two socks to make). I'm completely mystified by how a heel is made - like you said, with sticks. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes that was certainly a busy day considering you weren't 100%

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.