Friday, November 29, 2019

November 29 - Advent is coming

I can't think of a title for today's post.  It is the penultimate post of NaBloPoMo.  Even on days when I had nothing to say I posted because that is the deal I made with myself. 

November is over and on Sunday Advent begins.  I am looking forward to Advent.  On Sunday I am getting together with my knitting friends to start our Advent knitting.  I have some little advent knits lined up, and I hope to make one little star, or snowman, or shamrock, etc for each day until Christmas.  I also will be taking part in the Peace Project which is a knitting project starting December 1st until the solstice.  It is an initiative run by The Healthy Knitter and I am excited about this year's pattern.  It is a tribute to the Sandhill crane.  I saw my first ever Sandhill crane when we were in Yellowstone a number of years ago and I was smitten.  They almost looked prehistoric to me, and I think I have found the perfect wool to represent their gorgeous plumage.  I bought some wool that I have planned to use, but a friend is de-stashing and I think the wool I will be buying from her next Thursday will be perfect.  Stay tuned.

Today was Tai Chi in the morning, my croatian lesson in the afternoon, and then I helped my husband remove some branches overhanging the eaves of our house.  Tomorrow we will have to saw them up into manageable pieces for our compost bins.  Thankfully the sunny, dry weather is suppose to hold for a while - it is cold though.  Hopefully our furnace will hold out too.  It was making some awful noises this morning.  We took the fanbelt off and then put it on again and it seems to be ok now.  Fingers crossed.  I don't want to have to buy a new furnace!!  I also don't want to be cold!!!

Tonight I will be working on a pair of socks that I am test knitting for a designer friend of mine and I also have another Wild Mustard toque on the needles. 

I think I have the title for today's post.  Advent is coming.  Tomorrow I will make my advent wreath and on Sunday light the first candle.  Every week I add things to the wreath.  The first week I add stones and shells, the 2nd week plants, the 3rd week little wooden and felted animals, and on the fourth week Mary and Joseph. 

Advent - spreading light in the darkness.  May peace be with us all through these wintry days. 









2 comments:

  1. You have some lovely traditions for counting down the days of advent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post and tradition! I would love to join the Peace KAL but I have too much Christmas 'making' to do and some buying also. I usually start in July with the Christmas making but with Jim passing my summer just went without starting much of anything. I'll be lucky if I get the annual ornaments made. Less pressure though and maybe I'll get some Christmas castons for myself for the holidays. Enjoy your traditions and your new projects!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.