Sunday, October 27, 2019

Yopping Update #17


A quick update today.  I am feeling off and typing seems to be making me nauseous. 
For those that read my last post I have taken a number of small steps.  I went to the doctor, I made a physio appointment for my hip, the doctor sent me for an xray of said hip and I am waiting on results.  I contacted my counsellor and made an appointment for early November and the doctor and I have agreed to up my anti-depressant medication (this may be the nausea issue).  Anyways, I am moving forward small steps. 

I finished my hat and took these not so great selfies. 

brim down

brim up
It came in very handy on Friday as it was a very blustery day over at my Croatian teacher's house!  Ferries were cancelled and they even closed Stanley Park for fear of falling trees.  At my house there was barely a whisper of a breeze - I guess that is what comes from living in a valley. 

I worked a bit on Monday and Tuesday - check
Pool  on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - check
Massage Thursday - check
Doctor Monday and Thursday - check and check
Hope Centre support group Thursday - check.
Tai Chi lesson Friday - check
Croatian lesson Friday - check
CoDa meeting Saturday - check

I helped my husband cook a turkey dinner last night for my son, brother and a dear friend.  A little late Thanksgiving dinner which was yummy and now we have leftovers for a few days.

I have knit all the pieces for the little sloth except two toes and his nose!   Next week I should have him all sewn up to show you. 

And then I think I should get back to Advent knitting since November is almost upon me.

I am going to go try and nap now.  I tried this morning to no avail and so went to the pool instead and just got home.  It is sunny out and the leaves need more raking - but that will have to wait. 

To follow other yoppers check out their links to the right of this post. 

And don't forget - next week - our clocks go back. 

Can't leave you without sharing this pic of my now 10 month old grand-daughter using a spoon (sort of).



8 comments:

  1. zdravo! She is adorable! Great job an the hat...and good on you taking those steps....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your granddaughter looks like she's getting things down alright. Nice toque too. Busy woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're taking care of yourself. And that hat looks like it might go with the sweater you recently knitted. You probably already explained that and I might have missed it. And your granddaughter is wonderful. She's (sort of) feeding herself already?!? I hope you have a good week, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....you had quite a week. Hopefully the nausea will pass soon and the higher dose of meds will help you out.

    The hat is adorable. It looks quite warm too.

    Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is adorable, look how she is growing! Sorry you are feeling nauseous, but hopefully that will pass soon. Keep taking care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the nausea passes but am glad to know you are taking good care of yourself. I'm sure you were very glad of your hat. Your granddaughter is a cutie. Our clocks went back this weekend so the dark nights are already here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree...any action is better than no action. I have to keep reminding myself of that when it comes to getting rid of stuff and moving towards selling this house. Things I tell myself are: 1)I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me 2) Baby steps and 3) it's better than it was before. Have a great week and Happy Halloween!
    Thank you also for my weekly fix of your darling grand daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do look forward to seeing a new photo of your granddaughter, and this one does not disappoint. How fast time is flying...feeding herself already! I hope you become okay with the increased medication, a positive week taking some steps and a finished object too. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.