Sunday, October 6, 2019

Yopping Update #14 - The sweater is MINE!


Ta-Da!

It is done.  And it is mine, all mine.   We have booked our camping trip for the wild, wet, west coast starting next weekend, so I am ready. 

I have enough yarn left over to make a toque to match so I will start that this week. 

Otherwise I have been working on my Knit Slip Love shawl and I am on the final mosaic section before the final garter section and then the border. Who knows?  It may be done by next update. 

My son is here!  We have been playing word games and card games, as well as going to the gym/pool.  My arm is so much better, but now my right hip is causing me a lot of pain. Grrrrr - it is always something. 

I had my third Tai Chi class last Friday and I am really enjoying it. It is a small class, only five of us, so the instructor can help when I get my left and right mixed up (which is often). 

The weather has been hard to predict as we get the camper ready for our trip. Sunny, rainy, then sunny then rainy.  Oh well, I have new rain boots so it is all good. 

I didn't go to Knit City this year.  I didn't need anything, and would only be tempted to buy wool I don't need (besides I had that retail therapy from Winners a few weeks ago I have yet to start knitting with).  Also my hip is so sore I couldn't image walking up and down all the aisles to admire everything so I gave it a pass this year. 

My anxiety is a bit higher than usual with the upcoming trip.  It is par for the course.  Once I am on the road I am fine, but the prep can make me a wee bit crazier than normal. 

I am off for a swim now.  That usually sets things to right for a few hours at least. 

I may be late with an update next week depending on my wifi signal at the campsite.  I am looking forward to campfires and windy/rainy walks on the beach.  That is after we cheer on my son in his half marathon race next Sunday. 

Wishing you all a good, peaceful week.  Hug those your love and smile at strangers you meet.  In the end all we have is each other.


my little Croatian sunflower - 9 months old
PS:

When I left my physio on Monday I saw this:

Oops - and I thought I was having a bad day

This is the cruise ship called the Norwegian Bliss - I think it is the largest cruise ship that comes into our harbour.  It can only leave at low tide to get under the bridge, and somebody screwed up because it missed the low tide the night before and had to spend the day by our little park until the next low tide.  That tiny boat to the left of the cruise ship is our seabus that carries 400 passengers from the north shore to downtown Vancouver - just to give you an indication of the cruiseship's size!


10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that fisherwoman sweater of gorgeous!! It fits you like it was made for you too. :) Have a great time camping and I hope you're having too much fun to notice if there are any aches or pains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for your sweater finish! Toasty.

    Your Croation sunflower is gorgeous. Such a gentle, pretty photo with the cross lighting.

    Before I read the caption for your cruise ship photo, the first thing I thought of was a hi-rise sheep carrier (not knowing the scale of the thing). Even now I know it is a cruise ship, it still looks like a sheep carrier to me! I don't think I would enjoy a 'holiday' on a vessel like that.

    At least your holiday will be at a more human scale and with the privacy of your camper and the freedoms of the open road and to come and go as you please.

    May your hip settle down before you go. Do you think the physical demands of trip preparations or the new activity of Tai Chi may have triggered it? It is easy to injure ourselves when doing something new.

    Swimming is probably the best thing to take the weight off and get some stretching without gravity interfering so much!

    Enjoy your days and we'll hear from you when we can. Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you! That sweater is gorgeous! And looks so cozy and comfy on you. And the picture of your little sunflower looks almost other-worldly. Just beautiful. I hope your hip gets to feeling better before you leave. How wonderful to be able to spend this time with your son. I hope your camping trip is all you hope for. And brings you great refreshment in spirit and connection with your son. Safe travels, Mary-Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IT! The sweater is marvlous and looks so nice on you. You will be toasty warm when wearing it. So happy to hear the shoulder is better but your hip needs to knock it off. That photo of your Grand is priceless. Truly a frameable print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crowning glory! That sweater is the perfect sweater for all ti me! Look at all your beautiful cables! Yes, a hat to match would be wonderful. I hope your hip heals up. I have a few twinges but only after I sit cross legged for awhile. So glad you are enjoying the visit with your son. Okay, that little sunflower is THE cutest! I'd make poster out of that one! Enjoy your camping!
    That is one HUGE ship! I know people love cruises but I have no desire....but your camping trips? Oh yeah! I watch podcasts of PCT hiking and wilderness camping etc. That's my idea of entertainment! I love You Tube! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sweater is gorgeous and looks so toasty warm just right for your camping trip. Your little sunflower is so cute, a wonderful photo. I rather go camping than a cruise any day! Even if the boat is huge like that one I think you still would feel imprisoned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wrote a comment and it disappeared, is it for approval or lost I wonder. Anyhoo lovely jumper and beautiful sunflower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doh it did disappear, have a wonderful time camping, I’m so glad you managed to finish the warm jumper ahead of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely sweater and I'm sure you will be glad of it on your trip. Enjoy and relax! Good luck to your son with the run. Hope the hip improves. As someone else said could it be the tai chi? Your sunflower is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did an excellent job on that sweater!!!!! And your little sunflower is soo darn cute.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.