Sunday, December 29, 2019

Yopping Update #26 - All the advent knits plus ??

Well, let's get to the last three knits of Advent:

December 22
December 23
December 24 - tree topper
And here they all are before going onto the Christmas Tree. 



I knit this christmas mouse in Croatia last winter

The black and white owl and the blue sweater also Croatia knits


In this stocking is my daughter's first christmas ornament


Everything on our cedar Christmas tree was a knit by me.  The tree, tiny as it was, came from our backyard. 

We went to my niece's on the 23rd and I knit this little penguin for my great-nephew:

Then my son requested an English Robin:
and so I made him this:


Christmas was quiet and lovely - cornish game hens just for the two of us:


I have been working since Friday on my Sandhill County shawl.  I am almost ready to knit on the border.  It may well be finished by next Sunday. 

My dear friend invited us on Boxing Day to the full Turkey dinner with ALL the trimmings, and I went to the Christmas Eve 10pm Carol Communion service at church.  There have been a few swims, and when this post is done I will head to the pool before supper. 

Guess who turned 1 on Friday?


So we come to the end of a year and a decade in a few days.  I am ready for what 2020 will bring.  Are you dear Readers? 

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeously full string of of Advent ornaments, and how great they all look on the tree, too! Your granddaughter is 1 already?!? How did that happen?!? I hope 2020 holds good things for you, Mary-Anne. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! All those ornaments! I love the swag in front of the fireplace. Your tree is so pretty and your dinner looks so yummy!
    I cannot believe she is 1 year old already?!?! Such a cutie! Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 already and I remember so well you getting ready to fly over to Croatia before the birth, time has definitely flown by. Gorgeous fireplace garland of hand Knits and your cedar tree Knits too, a real home feel to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ornaments are all so adorable! And my favorite of all the things you knit is the English Robin. Almost as cute as your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, one already! She is delightful as are the ornaments - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary-Anne, you are so productive. I admire anyone who can commit to abvent crafting when there are already so many extra things to do at Christmas. Your Robin is super cute and a perfect specimen.

    I feel that 2020 will be a year
    of change and upheaval in many ways. Wishing you wonderfill things. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Typo error: should be "wonderful things". My phone likes to autocorrect when I'm not looking but if Christmas stockings are involved, a "wonderfill" might be apt! Haha

      Delete
  7. Your knits are amazing as always and how can your Granddaughter be a year already? As adorable as ever though.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.