Sunday, January 5, 2020

Yopping Update #27 - Twelfth Day of Christmas


Happy 2020!  Is it just me, or does anyone else hear Barbara Walters' voice saying 'twenty twenty'? Just me?  Okay, never mind, let's carry on shall we?

First a finish - my SandHill County Shawl.  Suffice to say I LOVE it. I have worn it a few times and have received lovely compliments.


I started a pair of socks on New Year's Eve and knit about four inches but then in the clear light of January 1st I realized it was too small and I needed to go up a needle size.   So I frogged and started again and here is my progress to date.

Twizzler socks from last year's YOP list - finally got to them

I am waiting on an order of wool from KnitPicks so I can start a sweater for my son.  It is a simple raglan pullover just like one I knit him many years ago.  This one will be in a dark gray and I can't wait to get started on it.  It will be good Netflix knitting.  I love the name, Joukahainen,
 - very Finnish - and I love the Kalevala so it is all good!

I have been making progress on my swimming.  I swam 500 metres on January 1, and yesterday I swam a full kilometer.  So far so good with my arm.

My hip is still giving me grief and I see my doctor tomorrow and will ask about where to go  or what to do next.  I am wondering if it is sciatic pain after all.

Today is the Twelfth Day of Christmas.  Instead of 12 drummers drumming I give you one grand-daughter laughing!


Happy New Year Yoppers!  We got this!

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous - both scarf and life affirming giggles!! Happy new year to you. Hope the hip eases and the dr can offer some help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness that is a cute clip of your granddaughter. Wow, it’s only the 5th and that’s how far you’ve got with the 2nd attempt, you’re a speedy knitter now your arm is doing better. Hopefully they’ll sort your hip pain too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughing babies are the best! Your twizzler socks are pretty, Mary-Anne. Love that yarn. I hope your hip pain gets resolved soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sound of babies laughing is such a heart warmer. The sweater for your son will be splendid. Dark gray is a great neutral color too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scarf/shawl is one of my most favorite items you've made....just gorgeous! The sweater for your son will be awesome, I can tell. The socks are really pretty and I like the design on them. Good for you on your swimming. I've had some hip aches lately and wonder if this will be my new normal? I hope not. Children laughing is music to my ears and my heart! How precious she is. Happy 2020 to you! Yes, we've got this! Hugs ~Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shawl. Envy your patience in going back and doing the socks again. Laughed at the giggling! She is so cute. Hope the swimming doesn't aggravate your arm and that you get some help with the hip oh and Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is not a better sound in the world as that of a young child laughing. Should you run out of feet to sock, would love another pair of multi-coloured, extra strength, heel and toes socks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you are back in the pool. My pool was closed over Christmas and then for an extended time into January for repairs. It's open again now but there are still areas in need of repair. My goodness, one certainly feels the difference if one hasn't been in the water for a while. It's a relief to be back in the pool this week (20/1/20). Interestingly, my hips have started giving me trouble too. I am not sure if it is an MCTD thing or just getting older (shock horror thought). May 2020 bring you all the good changes that you are seeking in life.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.