Sunday, February 2, 2020

Yopping Update #31 - It's in the mail


Ta-Da!

This went into the mail on Friday (along with a few treats) and I hope to receive a picture of my son wearing it sometime early next week.  Stay tuned.



I then decided I had the perfect wool to make a pair of socks - but it took me a day of looking at my queue and other ravelry patterns to finally settle on simple skyp socks.  The pattern knits up quite quickly and I am happy with my progress.



Prior to starting the above socks I decided to get out my crochet hook and make some Saturday slippers from a pattern I have had in my queue for some time.  These are all done except I am going to sew on some leather soles to make them less slippery.  I am going to start another pair today with some more Paton's decor I have left over.  I am crocheting them with two strands of worsted and a 6.5mm hook, which seems to get gauge whereas the pattern calls for super bulky and a 9mm hook.  I didn't have the right yarn or hook in my stash but it all worked out in the end.  These were a quick make - about an hour and a half - including the embroidery!



I haven't told you dear readers about Charlotte.  She has been happily living in my kitchen window for about two months now.

she is on inside of window, feeder on outside

I don't really like spiders when then surprise me, but she seems content to make her web and hang out in the window.  She has even caught a few winter flies.  I am kind of hoping she will have babies - and when they start to parachute out I will scoot them outside.
Not much else is new.  I wore the heart monitor all day Tuesday and turned it in on Wednesday afternoon.  The tape they used to secure the electrodes left a terrible rash on both sides of me, but it is slowly healing.  Sigh.

I did get to the pool a couple of times, but on Wednesday \\\I had quite a dizzy spell in the change room so I am sticking to Tai chi and yoga at home until I talk to the doctor on Tuesday.

I did label and put away some handspun that has been hanging in my craft room since....August.  oops.  I hope to get out my spinning wheel this coming week because that is one of the main things left on my YOP list for 2019-2020.

I have joined the KnitPicks stashdown this year and have committed to no fibre purchases (I have so much to spin already), and also to knit up  or give away at least 13,200 yards of yarn.  I managed just  3300 yds already to date so I think this is doable.

I am committed to more reading this week.  A good friend got me a book called Knit Two, by Kate Jacobs which is a light and enjoyable read, and last night my great-nephew gave me his copy of The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein.

This week I am also planning to edit one chapter a day of my Novel.  At that rate I will be done the edits by the end of February (and maybe sooner).  Then I will be ready to start sending it out to publishers.  Big step. 

Snow is predicted this week coming - we will be ready with the car on the main street, and lots of coffee in the cupboards (after last month's fiasco).

I will leave you with this angel.  Have a good week dear readers.  Be kind. 

sleeping like a baby


6 comments:

  1. Look at that beautiful sweater. He's going to love it! I like the socks and the yarn you chose. I hope they can fix what ails you and that it is nothing too serious. The slippers are really nice but when I made mine it was $15 for the suede soles which is fine but I was making them for everyone in the family and they were felted and mine felted too much so I quit while I was ahead! LOL!
    I am allergic to some spider bites and ended up in the hospital once and they thought I was having a heart attack so no spiders in my house!
    A company that sells yarn is having a "stash down"? Interesting! LOL!
    I have read several Kate Jacobs books and enjoyed them if I remember correctly.
    That is a little angel sleeping there....so precious! I sleep that exact same way but I am no angel! LOL! Have a good week and I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a cute picture of your granddaughter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your finished jumper, it looks great and I’m sure he’s going to love it. You are braver than me to let a spider live in your house. I tell them they can live in my greenhouse and I won’t kill them, but if they are in the house they may get hoovered up. I heard they don’t like conkers (from horse chestnut trees) so my bed and armchair are surrounded by them! Cool slippers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweater is gorgeous, hope we get a modelled shot! The slippers look great and your granddaughter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweater looks great, Mary-Anne! And so warm and cozy. I, too, was wondering if we might get a modeled shot of it. ;^) That spider in your kitchen window has me feeling a bit nervous. I'm reminding myself he's in your window - not mine. So I don't need to worry about. And I really don't need to start worrying about where all her baby spiders are going to scamper off to before you can scoot them outside. Do we even know this spider is a she?

    Okay, on to a less worrisome subject. Such sweet baby. cheeks. What a precious picture. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry that you've not been feeling the best over Jan-Feb. May the heart monitoring give you the answers you need. You are so right about the sticky dots / tape these medical devices use. Absolutely awful. It's about time someone found a solution to the irritation of them.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.