Sunday, February 9, 2020

Yopping Update #32 - Button, button, who's got the button


First of all the sweater arrived safe and sound and IT FITS!  He promises to send a picture soon. He did send this picture of the little fairy I included in his package:



Then I finished these:

Simple Skyp socks

and decided to use up all my left over Paton's decor to crochet a pair of these Frankenstein slippers (my name because they are made of scraps of yarn):

Sunday slippers (done in two hours)

These slippers and the ones from last week need their leather soles and I got the leather from Michael's on sale so hopefully I will get to that this coming week. I got all these remnants for 5.99! I might even line them with some sheep fleece to make them extra warm for those Croatian floors!

I went through my stash and decided to make a child's sweater with some Bernat Wool-Up I got on sale at Walmart last fall.

Simple Toddler Cardigan (with cables)

If it fits my grand-daughter then it will be hers.  If not it will go in the hope chest for the next baby to come along in my life.

I was at my Croatian lesson this week and I noticed my teacher, who is a fantastic quilter, had her buttons organized by colour.  So.....yesterday I went from this:





to this:

Wouldn't Marie Kondo be proud
I did finish Knit Two (a relaxing, easy read) and passed it along to a friend.  I am currently reading The Art of Racing in the Rain.

I did edit six chapters of my novel and I am glad to be working on it again. It really is coming together thanks to the edits and comments from my beta readers.

I spent a lot of this week at doctor appointments.  Mostly follow-ups and everything is fine to date.  More watching and waiting and 'we will see how it goes'.  I did have to go to the hospital for a blood test that cannot be done at a drop-in lab so there went my Thursday from 9:30am until 3pm.  (this is also how I was able to finish Knit Two!)

This coming week I am working in the morning from Monday - Thursday and then I will be done any work contracts for quite a while (she says optimistically).

I got a new fitbit - the Inspire HR - which I can wear while swimming and it tracks my distance.  It also tracks my resting and active HeartRate which just makes me feel better to see that my old(ish) heart is ticking along as it should be. 

We finally have some sun - so I am going to head out and trim some branches so they will fit in the compost container.  It is our first not-rainy day in a month. 

And, I have learned dear readers that, I cannot do a Sunday post without one of these.

love her pigtail!

OMG the Oscar's red carpet event just started.....Talk to you next week!




7 comments:

  1. Wow, the organized buttons is amazing. Nope, not gonna happen here lol. My Grandma and mom never organized theirs. It is so much fun just to dump and search lol. You got quite a bit of knitting/crocheting done this week. Those slippers are cool. Love the name you gave them.

    Looking forward to seeing the sweater modeled by your son. Glad it fits him. Even happier he liked the fairy.

    If you would ever post a blog update without your grands photo on it, I would be very sad. It is fun watching her grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep Marie Kondo would be proud (as long as they bring you joy lol)I'm glad all future posts are granddaughter pic guaranteed. She is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like my buttons organized by color, too Most of them are sorted, but there's still some in a large tin I'll get around to cleaning and sorting some day. I love seeing pictures of your granddaughter. I'm very glad you can't resist sharing them with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to organize my buttons too. Did you know you can dye buttons? Another rabbit hole I want to go down some day! LOL!
    I love your socks and your slippers and that sweater will be precious. You got a lot done considering you had appointments too. Your grand daughter is so very precious...thank you for sharing her with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well a rainbow of buttons in boxes definitely sparks joy, so yes Marie would be proud. Mine are just in a section of my sewing box and anytime I want a button it’s a nightmare trying to pull them out as I can’t tip it up as all my threads would also fall out. I watched the Oscars this morning whilst doing the ironing, I now need to hope our cinema gets a copy of Parasite so I can see it. You’ve got me thinking if there’s a difference between pig tails and pony tails in relation to hairstyles...super cute anyway. You must be excited to have an opportunity to test your Croatian language skills in the shops etc when you are over there next...have you learned the essentials of ‘where’s the nearest yarn shop?’ 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! "Where's the nearest yarn shop?" :-D
      You have started something here...

      Delete
  6. My buttons are organised by colour too. I also have my coloured pencils in different jars for each colour; not to mention my wardrobe. It makes life easy. Good work at getting the button stash looking so cool.

    Also keep the granddaughter photos coming - such a cutie! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.