Sunday, February 16, 2020

Yopping Update #33 - One done, one in process


I got the buttons on (easy to find with my organized button jars). 


For my next project I looked over my stash, and my patterns, and it seemed I had the right yarn in three colours that would work.  The pattern comes from Simply Knitting Magazine issue 187 - child's striped jumper.  I have already done the front and back and today will start the sleeves.

making size 2-3
I started to get the leather soles together for my slippers.  I cut out the leather, and sewed one piece on. 


My leather punch isn't working very well, and it hurts my arm to do it by hand with a nail so hubby says he will help me with an electric drill this week.  Stay tuned. 
I have also decided to either needle felt or water felt some insoles to make them extra warm for those Croatian floors. 

On a video chat this week I swear my granddaughter said 'Gramma!'.  That is my story, and I am sticking to it. 


In other news:

Otis is stretching out

my orchid is blooming
my amaryllis is taking its sweet time to bloom
On the health front I had a second echo-cardiogram on Wednesday morning and I see the doctor on March 2nd for all the results.  More waiting.  Sigh. 

But hey, this week included Valentine's Day which meant flowers and chocolates so win-win.  My daughter also told me about a recipe for oatmeal and banana cookies (that's it - oatmeal and banana), and they were yummy and a great way to use up bananas that are getting too ripe to eat. 

especially yummy warm out of the oven


I will leave you with this little guy.  Sloth is my familiar and this little guy made me chuckle.

hang in there, Mary-Anne

4 comments:

  1. Oooh... that white sweater is so sweet. And the button are perfect for it. I love the yellow, gray and white stripes for the next sweater. Your orchid is beautiful. And the amaryllis makes me wonder why I always forget to plant bulbs in a pot in order have some winter blooms. I haven't done this since my boys were young, but I'd enjoy it so much. I need to do this! For me. I hope you have a good week, Gramma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cardi turned our perfect. Great buttons. The striped child's jumper is coming g along quickly. Dont9you just love small people's knits? Those cookies sound fabulous. May have to Google that recipe. Orchids are such a pretty flower and for them to bloom after the initial bloom is so sweet. Your amaryllis will be gorgeous once it bursts open. Good luck with your cardio results. Your grandbaby is so sweet and I am very sure you are correct in what she is saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Gramma! :-D

    It's been great to catch up on your news. Please excuse my prior absence (and probably spamming replies). Did you get the results from your ECG today?

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.