Sunday, March 15, 2020

Yopping Update #37 - Did anyone call a taxi?


Remember this picture from last week?



Well, no-one answered the query. Here is what it became:



Clearly I had way too much time on my hands this past week being home with a cold and not going out anywhere except to the beach for a couple of short walks.  

Then this:


became this:



and together they look like this:


I also finished my tea towel:


Then I started on another toy - wanna guess what this will become?



I spun another 120gms of fibre.  I will ply it today.
Luck of the Irish - should be finished in time for Saint Patty's Day

I have been housebound for almost two weeks with this nagging cold and avoiding CoVid-19.  There has been an outbreak in my community which has made the news.  My husband is doing the grocery shopping, and we have been washing hands a lot!  I hope the next two weeks sees a slowing of this virus.  It is causing more than a little worrisome.  

On the upside I am getting lots of video chats with my daughter and grand-daughter.  Let us be like her and take time to admire the daisies. 


Okay dear readers.  Stay safe.  Be well.  Find a new binge-worthy series to watch.  We just started Ray Donovan last night. 

If you want to follow other yoppers check out their posts to the top right side of this blog.  

7 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon and yes stay safe and well. These are worrying times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your toys are very cute. I would never have guessed a taxi on the black and yellow items. As for your new toy....Maybe a teddy bear? I hope the covid-19 leaves soon. I think we are all getting a bit tired of the constant hand washing, social distancing and being concerned anytime someone coughs. Your Grand Daughter has the right idea. Stop and admire the daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you are like me now...a recluse! LOL! Other than my daily walk I only go out once every 2 weeks for groceries and I went last week before there was any COVID-19 in my state....it's here now and without proper testing they really have no idea how many or where it is for sure. I have my St. Patrick's Day dinner ingredients so I'm happy about that and I have books and yarn and internet and Acorn t.v.! LOL! I'm good for quite awhile.
    I love your toys and that is not easy knitting. I think the gray toy will be an elephant or a hippo or a manatee? Little Miss Precious is a delight to behold and she is not worried at all....living totally in the moment! Maybe that's why children keep appearing in our world...to teach us how to live! I pray you get over your cold and stay healthy! You do have plenty of yarn don't you? See, in times like this it pays to have a good stash! Hugs~Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. The taxi looks really good, I am so hopeless at picturing what the things will turn into. I am going on the colour clue this time (if that is a clue) and say an elephant. Stay safe and enjoy those calls xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. I never would have imagines a taxi out of the separate pieces above. That is so cute. As is your little Pusheen. The gray thing??? I'm going to guess a monkey just because I see things that look like they may be appendages. I'm probably wrong, though. Get well, stay well, and keep posting pictures of your granddaughter! She's such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having read Liz's comment above, I'm changing my guess to an elephant. Yep! That's what I think you've making there.

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry you have suffered a cold and that the covid19 is so close to home. I can relate. My local health service decided to turn the local cabin park (on a main arterial road) into an external covid treatment ward!

    The politicians are praising themselves because, on paper, they've come up with a 'perfect' solution for keeping a cabin/caravan park with high vacancy rates (due to the pandemic) in business by locating self-isolating covid19 patients there while easing the burden on the local hospital (1 km up the road) by catching the overflow .

    I feel certain that a holiday cabin will not have the same level of biosecurity as a hospital ward. It is only 500 metres from my home so I am extremely anxious about the risk that creates for me who is immune compromised. I hope that the virus is not more airborne than authorities are saying. The area where that cabin park is, translates to "windy place by the river" (and it does get very windy) so I desperately hope it doesn't become "an ill wind that blows nobody good".

    I will follow your lead and stay indoors with crochet hooks in hand. BTW I love your toys. Were you wearing 'taxi socks' when you made them? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.