Sunday, March 14, 2021

Yopping Update #37 - Still Painting, but mostly coughing

 


It has been quite a week.  Mostly downs.  A couple of ups.  Life on life's terms.

I had the broncoscopy on Monday morning, and spent the rest of the day sleeping.  Tuesday I started coughing and I am still coughing as of Sunday night.  This makes sleeping for more than a couple of hours in a row difficult, but I am hopeful when the doctor calls tomorrow with the results he will have some solution to the cough/sleep problem.  Hope springs eternal.  

Speaking of Spring - I did get out for a walk every day except Monday (and today) and the flowers, mergansers, widgeons, and pussy willows are everywhere.  I even saw a cherry tree beginning to blossom yesterday.  Spring is Hope eternal. 



I finished clue two of the General's mystery sock knit - a very complicated cable pattern which required stitch markers every ten stitches and colour coding the chart to keep straight the eight different cable versions.  

The pattern recommended using three chart repeats on each leg, but I opted for two as the leg is almost seven inches which is long enough for me.  Apparently clue 3 is even more complicated so we shall see how I fare with it tomorrow. 

Since this is a mystery knit there will be no photos until the end of March. 

I did make quite a bit of progress on the sweater of many colours.  It is about 21 inches now, and only four more decreases until I start the armhole decreases.  


The clocks 'sprang' ahead during the night.  I finally fell into a more-or-less restful sleep at ten am this morning and slept until almost three this afternoon.  No walk for me today - just as well it was pretty cold and rainy out there. 

sign at nursing station Monday morning

I will leave you with this picture of pure joy.  I wish such joy for all of you this coming week. 



5 comments:

  1. So sorry about your cough! God knows we need our sleep and so glad you finally got some! I hope the doctor has a cure for you. That mystery KAL sounds like a real challenge! Your coat of many colors is beautiful and your joyful grand-daughter too! I hope you have a better week and restful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that the procedure has caused you to have cough all week. I can't imagine. Your sweater of many colors is truly amazing. Best wishes with your mystery sock. Not sure I'd be able to stick with such a complicated pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well drat......the mystery sock sounds so interesting and no photos until the end of this month. Ok, I will try and be patient. That sweater is fantastic. Your idea has turned into a true work of art. Will the sleeves also have the multicolor theme going on?

    I hope you receive good news from your Doctor. Coughing a lot is so aggravating. Especially if it disrupts sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the cough eases soon and you get postive news from the doctor. Looking forward to seeing all your creations at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you start to feel better soon and your Dr gives you something to help. There used to be a cough medicine here that had chloroform in it and would knock you out to get some sleep, but unsurprisingly drug addicts started to buy and use it so you don’t find it any more, I can’t wait to see this jumper on, it’s such fun!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.