Sunday, March 21, 2021

Yopping Update #38 - Starting new things

 


It is Sunday so that means it is time for a Yopping Update.  Most of this week I was still feeling very poorly with the cough on-going, but finally yesterday - the first day of Spring - my mood lifted and my cough, although not gone by any means, is definitely less.  Last night I only woke up twice with fits of coughing which is a huge improvement. 

The doctor prescribed an inhaler that I started using Thursday night, and I also had a telephone consult with my naturopath on Thursday afternoon and I think things are turning around.  

I credit the pair of house finches I saw in my yard and at the feeder with cheering me up.  

Yesterday I was able to go for one of my regular distance walks of three and a half miles, and spoke with a friend on the phone while walking and I didn't cough once in the hour I was walking.  That is big progress. 

On the knitting front it was quite a week.  Clue three of the Pescatarian Mystery Sock was quite involved and although turning the heel was easy-peasy, the gusset chart was quite something for me to decipher with my sleep deprived brain.  I finally got it figured out on Wednesday, and just as I was finishing the last row on the first sock I got hit by a migraine.  Hmph.  Adding insult to injury I say.  

Everyone is posting their socks on Rav so I think it's ok to post my progress here

Once the meds and headache had cleared I started the second sock and finished it much more easily and without the migraine embellishment. 

I then picked up my Sweater of Many Colours and as of last night I have finished the shaping on the back and need to knit another two inches before I start decreasing for the arm holes.  



I needed another pair of socks on the go and so last night I started these:

Scatterby by Amy Stringer

I also seem to be itching to cast on another shawl so I have picked out the pattern and the yarn, and will probably cast on this evening.  



I received two Simply Knitting magazines this week.  One of them had these cool mitten blockers in the package.  

Now I have to knit some mittens I guess

I will leave you with this bird condo I saw on my walk yesterday.  Some people are so creative in their gardens.  I hope it will be full of birds this Spring. 

I especially like the trailer at the bottom of the picture

I must be feeling better because after doing the dishes and putting away the groceries this morning, I put together a Thai chicken curry in the crock pot.  It should be ready in a couple of hours.  I haven't had much of an appetite the past two weeks, but I am looking forward to dinner tonight. 

I hope you are all keeping well and celebrating the fact that Spring is here.  We Made It!



7 comments:

  1. I love the scatterby pattern. It's easy but looks so nice. Your mystery socks are wonderful. What an impressive pattern. I simply can't wait to see your sweater of many colors. I'm so glad your cough is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mystery socks.....love them. Lots of texture and interest in them. Your many colored sweater is great. Nice color for the scatterby socks. It really breaks up the variegated yarn. What pattern have you chosen for the new shawl? I had never heard of mitten blockers. Makes sense though. Happy spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mystery socks look very fancy and the patterning is very pretty. I haven't heard of mitten blockers either. I'm very glad you are starting to feel better and get a bit more sleep as I'm sure that will continue to help. I'm really looking forward to seeing your sweater being modelled when it is finished. I probably write that every week but it looks so joyful with the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did make it, didn't we!!! :) Those Pescatarian socks are still gorgeous. And yay for getting mitten blockers. I have a feeling you'll be knitting some beautiful ones soon. The Scatterby sock is pretty. I love the colors in that yarn. And what fun to see that bird condo on your walk. The little trailer makes the whole thing over-the-top-fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are on the mend. Those coughing fits are no fun especially in the middle of the night!
    I love all your projects. So much gorgeous color. The shawl yarn is gorgeous and both the socks and the sweater....gorgeous! I want to call those socks...Presbyterian socks. LOL! Stay well and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many lovely projects and yarns! The mitten blockers are just darling.

    I'm happy you are feeling well enough to get out and walk! Hope you continue to improve.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.